Need help with house network

TerTer

Hello, 

just me a 100mbps connection today (also thinking in future upgrade to 300), but problem is right now, connection to house is at one end of house, but my PC's are at the other end. Range is around 12meters (1 room rooter, then needs to travel 2 room to pc's) from input to house to pc's. 

House has brick walls.

Most reliable would be to route the ethernet cable, but that requires a lot of holes and hiding of the cable.

So i was thinking, maybe i can get a new Wi-Fi router with 1Gbps and at least 450wifi (have old TP-Link that is 10/100mbps and 54mbps wifi).

Then maybe a access point near pc's and then simple 1gb switch there. My question, will the wifi be stable enough to have 100 and maybe later 300mbps connection between router and access point? 

Another thing, how does it affect ping here? As like to play pc games a lot also online.

Don't want to invest money and then find out, that better solution was invest work and get me ethernet cable through the house :/ 

Another problem, as new connection removed my old DSL i need to set up fast, so don't want to wait 1-2weeks for shipping of routers :/ So want to buy from offered one brands. Most common ones to buy here are D-Link, TP-Link, Asus

Model for router i think something in the line of: 

TP-LINK Archer C20, 802.11ac, 733Mbps

and some kind of access point. Any recommendation?

7 minutes ago, TerTer said:

Hello, 

just me a 100mbps connection today (also thinking in future upgrade to 300), but problem is right now, connection to house is at one end of house, but my PC's are at the other end. Range is around 12meters (1 room rooter, then needs to travel 2 room to pc's) from input to house to pc's. 

House has brick walls.

Most reliable would be to route the ethernet cable, but that requires a lot of holes and hiding of the cable.

So i was thinking, maybe i can get a new Wi-Fi router with 1Gbps and at least 450wifi (have old TP-Link that is 10/100mbps and 54mbps wifi).

Then maybe a access point near pc's and then simple 1gb switch there. My question, will the wifi be stable enough to have 100 and maybe later 300mbps connection between router and access point? 

Another thing, how does it affect ping here? As like to play pc games a lot also online.

Don't want to invest money and then find out, that better solution was invest work and get me ethernet cable through the house :/ 

Another problem, as new connection removed my old DSL i need to set up fast, so don't want to wait 1-2weeks for shipping of routers :/ So want to buy from offered one brands. Most common ones to buy here are D-Link, TP-Link, Asus

Model for router i think something in the line of: 

TP-LINK Archer C20, 802.11ac, 733Mbps

and some kind of access point. Any recommendation?

So if I understand you correctly you want to use a router as a repeater and from that router to a switch and that one connected to your pc?

If you would do this your latency will be pretty high competitive gaming is gonna be a tough one.

The additional investment for a switch and router is much higher than just using Ethernet it is maybe some more work but you are going to get real benefits off it!

The routers with these specifications should be good enough for what you would want but it is a big compromise.

Invest in some decent homeplug adapters instead of guess work with WiFi.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Homeplugs are a good solution in my experience. I use TP-Link ones that have a 150mbps limit. They are not very fast, the only get 20mbps when wired gets 76, but they're much faster than Wi-Fi and the latency is minimal.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

I use a pair of Netgear 1200Mbit models, I get around 620Mbit/s downstairs to upstairs, can't fault them.

They do add 2ms of latency to between the pair due to additional protocol overhead.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply