Dual link dvi

Jai2104

Asus gtx1080rogstrix have a dual link dvi slot 

So can i use dvi-i male to vga female adapter ? 

My old Lcd monitor has only vga slot 

If this adapter wont work ,is their any other way i can get output on my vga sloted monitor from that gpu 

It will not work, the GTX 1080 Strix uses DVI-D not DVI-I. You will need an active DVI-D, HDMI or DisplayPort to VGA converter in order to run a VGA monitor off that card. 

Yes. Dvi I contains both digitial and analog signals, so converting to analog VGA is easily done with an adapter. I hope that isnt your primary monitor :)

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

5 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Yes. Dvi I contains both digitial and analog signals, so converting to analog VGA is easily done with an adapter. I hope that isnt your primary monitor :)

Only if it is a DVI-I port. DVI-D ports do not have the analog pins, picture attached for clarity.

OP: DVI dual link is not required for adapting to VGA, but pretty much every card made in the last 10 years supports DVI dual link.

Your GPU needs to have a DVI-I output. The difference is that the "I" contains an extra 4 pins around that bar on the left side. These are the analog pins.

Image result for dvi ports

When in doubt, re-format.

8 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Only DVI-I has both analog and digital signals. As far as I know, practically all high-end NVIDIA and AMD cards today use only DVI-D, which is digital only. As a reference:

245px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

nly if it is a DVI-I port. DVI-D ports do not have the analog pins, picture attached for clarity.

Yes, I assumed the OP had already confirmed his card had a DVI i port due to referencing it. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown