Unresponsive "E" Key

Aux

I have been using a K70 (Red switches if it matters) for about three years now.

About a month ago I started to notice that the "E" key would either stick (I would get an extra E when types words with that letter) or it wouldn't respond at all. While typing it is an annoyance it has really dragged me down while playing games. This happens most when the "E" key is in heavy use (spamming an ability, strafing etc). If I'm using it casually for typing the issue happens far less.

Shortly after I noticed the problem I gave the whole keyboard a clean, it worked fine for about a week then started again. I have tried washing the individual switch with a little bit of water on a q-tip, tried uninstalling drivers, tried other USB ports, I'm at my wits end.

Would it be worth trying to replace the switch or should I start to look for a new keyboard? 

5 hours ago, Aux said:

I have been using a K70 (Red switches if it matters) for about three years now.

About a month ago I started to notice that the "E" key would either stick (I would get an extra E when types words with that letter) or it wouldn't respond at all. While typing it is an annoyance it has really dragged me down while playing games. This happens most when the "E" key is in heavy use (spamming an ability, strafing etc). If I'm using it casually for typing the issue happens far less.

Shortly after I noticed the problem I gave the whole keyboard a clean, it worked fine for about a week then started again. I have tried washing the individual switch with a little bit of water on a q-tip, tried uninstalling drivers, tried other USB ports, I'm at my wits end.

Would it be worth trying to replace the switch or should I start to look for a new keyboard? 

Take out the button, and keep pressing the little circle (Or hold it) for ten seconds. Then, clean the button, and reinstall it on the e key.

My PC Currently Is The P2-1320a.

Could I have a picture of your keyboard right now to see how dirty it is? And a picture of the e key taken off? If thats fine.

My PC Currently Is The P2-1320a.

Of course! I'll upload some when I get home from work.

5 hours ago, ItsJoshuaS said:

Could I have a picture of your keyboard right now to see how dirty it is? And a picture of the e key taken off? If thats fine.

Here are the pictures, going to try what you suggested as well.

16009785_10154462879782950_2119728864_o.jpg

15991620_10154462878282950_1039328018_o.jpg

15966939_10154462876492950_2097553052_o.jpg