Fans come on but no signal to monitor

I put together my new build, but whenever I turn it on all of the fans come on but the monitor says it's getting no signal. The parts I am using are:

Asus b150m-A D3 motherboard

intel i5 6400 2.7ghz (refurbished)

Thermaltake 500w power supply

EVGA gtx 960

Hyper X 1600 ddr3 memory

I get no beeps when I turn on and I have tried plugging the monitor into the onboard graphics to see if it is a Gpu issue. I cleared cmos and I tested with different ram. The motherboard has orange lights that turn on when but I do not know why. Could it be a CPU problem because I bought it refurbished?

Thank you for any help

I always wonder what "refurbished" means with components without moving parts. What could ever be refurbished on them?!?

Look in your manual, and try to figure out what them LED's are telling you. (look up them codes)

Did you plug in all your wires to your motherboard? Can you test the onboard GPU, by just removing the graphics card from the system? I once had an issue with one of my screens, because I set my screen to always use VGA connection. Changed cables to DVI-D, and after that, screen "did not get signal", because it was looking for VGA signals.