Optimal Display Size for Viewing

cubies1982

What is the best monitor size for someone that sits approximately two feet away from a display so I don't have to turn my head to look at mini maps during games?

I'm using 21.5" right now and would like the screen to be bigger, sitting around 2 feet away from it. As someone mentioned above already, most find 24-27" to be an ideal size for a computer monitor. In the end it's all about your personal preference.

Resolution is also an important factor when choosing a monitor. Full HD is a sweet spot for a 24" monitor while any bigger screen really demands you to step up on resolution or the picture will lose it's sharpness (less pixels / inch). Stepping up on resolution on the other hand demands more from your graphics card so you'll need a beefier graphics card to run games on higher resolutions. Some might argue that full HD will be just fine for 27" or above but it really will bother you at least outside gaming since the picture looks less crisp.

TL;DR: I'd say go for a 24" monitor, it's neither too small nor too big.

12 hours ago, Edea said:

I'm using 21.5" right now and would like the screen to be bigger, sitting around 2 feet away from it. As someone mentioned above already, most find 24-27" to be an ideal size for a computer monitor. In the end it's all about your personal preference.

Resolution is also an important factor when choosing a monitor. Full HD is a sweet spot for a 24" monitor while any bigger screen really demands you to step up on resolution or the picture will lose it's sharpness (less pixels / inch). Stepping up on resolution on the other hand demands more from your graphics card so you'll need a beefier graphics card to run games on higher resolutions. Some might argue that full HD will be just fine for 27" or above but it really will bother you at least outside gaming since the picture looks less crisp.

TL;DR: I'd say go for a 24" monitor, it's neither too small nor too big.

What about 1080p on a 24 inch display sitting approximately 2 feet away?

On 9.1.2017 at 10:15 AM, cubies1982 said:

What about 1080p on a 24 inch display sitting approximately 2 feet away?

Yes, that's really ideal plan and won't cost you a fortune.