Gaming headset 7.1 surround sound for both PC and PS4 ($100)

Omie

EDIT: Post changed

Looking for a gaming headset for around $100 that works on both PS4 and PC, has full 7.1 surround sound compatibility for both systems, can be USB and 3.5mm jack (for PS4 controller), over the ear, noise cancelling, and has a controller which can mute mic/adjust volume, etc.

The Hyper Cloud x2 is perfect but it doesn't have fully 7.1 compatible surround sound with the PS4. Otherwise I would have bought it.

Unless you're a true audiophile, I doubt you'd notice much if any difference. :P

40 minutes ago, PCG4M3R101 said:

Unless you're a true audiophile, I doubt you'd notice much if any difference. :P

Ok thanks. I actually went with the Hyperx Cloud 1 for the added volume and mute controller. I'm assuming it should work the same right?

6 minutes ago, Omie said:

Ok thanks. I actually went with the Hyperx Cloud 1 for the added volume and mute controller. I'm assuming it should work the same right?

Yea - it should work fine. Although; when you get some extra money, you might want to sell the HyperX Cloud 1 for 2 for the added 7.1 (I'm just assuming you play those types of games, if you're getting a gaming headset ;P). I have them and the 7.1 really makes a big difference for CS:GO.

17 minutes ago, PCG4M3R101 said:

Yea - it should work fine. Although; when you get some extra money, you might want to sell the HyperX Cloud 1 for 2 for the added 7.1 (I'm just assuming you play those types of games, if you're getting a gaming headset ;P). I have them and the 7.1 really makes a big difference for CS:GO.

Yeah I was actually planning on getting them. But there is a problem, I have a PS4 as well and it looks like 7.1 doesn't work on PS4 unless you jump though some hoops by turning off the console completely etc. to get it to work.

I game on PC and PS4 so this problem really kills me lol. Otherwise it would have been perfect.

Is there a headset with similar specs to the cloud 2 but the 7.1 works on both PC and PS4? 

3 minutes ago, Omie said:

Yeah I was actually planning on getting them. But there is a problem, I have a PS4 as well and it looks like 7.1 doesn't work on PS4 unless you jump though some hoops by turning off the console completely etc. to get it to work.

I game on PC and PS4 so this problem really kills me lol. Otherwise it would have been perfect.

Is there a headset with similar specs to the cloud 2 but the 7.1 works on both PC and PS4? 

Some of my friends have these and like them : Razer Kraken USB Essential (7.1) and I think they should work fine on both platforms - you might need to check, but from what I've found they should be compatible.

15 minutes ago, PCG4M3R101 said:

Some of my friends have these and like them : Razer Kraken USB Essential (7.1) and I think they should work fine on both platforms - you might need to check, but from what I've found they should be compatible.

I looked that up and it's nice. But the thing is it's USB only so I have to always have it plugged into my PS4. I would prefer it to have a 3.5mm jack so I could plug it into my controller and move around freely.