Planning to buy H60............

Hello, I'm planning to buy Corsair H60 and I've no experience in water cooling... So, my question is, can it make my FX8350 cooler than the stock heatsink??? With the stock heatsink, It idles temp is at 23-30c, and load temp at about 56-59c (as shown in Speccy)... Thank you to all reply and if there is any article on the internet about what I'm asking, kindly share it to me... :-)

Well, near anything will be better than stock cooling.

But whether the H60 is a good buy is another thing entirely, and IMO it is not. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is half its price and performs within 1°C of the H60.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_hyper212_evo/4.htm

If you want to get water-cooling, you need to be buying top end CLC's like the H100i or H220 for it to be worthwhile (even then its iffy) or just an outright custom water loop. Single rad CLC coolers just aren't worth buying IMO opinion unless you can get them for dirt cheap.

Coolermaster HAF-X, i5-3570k@4.3Ghz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Sapphire HD7870@1150Mhz, G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600Mhz, Silverstone Strider Plus 750W, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit

Iv got a H60 on an FX 6100 and i agree with Manofchalk. Your better off saving money with a good air cooler for the same results, or spend some more and get a dual rad kit.

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Iv got a H60 on an FX 6100 and i agree with Manofchalk. Your better off saving money with a good air cooler for the same results, or spend some more and get a dual rad kit.
What is the maximum temp of your processor with the h60?

if the H80 is 13° warmer than a H100 and its radiator is thicker than the H60, it'd reason

the H60 will be even worse. the H40/50/60 are for non K processors for an experience.

for enthusiasts, the H80 (id pass on) or the H100/i would be the bestter choice. but is

yourcase worthy of a H100/i? if it wont fit, either mod, settle for warm temps, or punt case.

even if you score a "deal" and most wanna buy a better fan(s) now youve exceeded a

performance air cooler and gained essentially nothing, other than a lighter wallet and meah

temperatures..

airdeano

if the H80 is 13° warmer than a H100 and its radiator is thicker than the H60, it'd reason

the H60 will be even worse. the H40/50/60 are for non K processors for an experience.

for enthusiasts, the H80 (id pass on) or the H100/i would be the bestter choice. but is

yourcase worthy of a H100/i? if it wont fit, either mod, settle for warm temps, or punt case.

even if you score a "deal" and most wanna buy a better fan(s) now youve exceeded a

performance air cooler and gained essentially nothing, other than a lighter wallet and meah

temperatures..

airdeano

I'm living in a industrial area so dust is the main problem to me... That's why I'm planning to buy h60 and I would like to hear opinion from all these professional guy... I'm using FX so heat is not a main problem, but I'm tired cleaning my PC... are you sure that h80 is 13c warmer than h100? Are there any discussion about this topic in the internet?

Linus's cooler test results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlPSGh26Ne0XdHZweHoxckRqazBvM0RTMW5GSFZNRmc#gid=0

Note he uses an overclocked i7 3930k 6core processor so your temps wont be this high but it helps distinguish the coolers performance

Mine sits at 29c at idle and 50 at load using Prime95 in a 22c room

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w

temperatures..

airdeano

Your running an FX, that makes heat a larger problem because of their higher TDP compared to Intel.

Water-Cooling wont reduce the amount of dust in your system, only dust filters will do that.

Coolermaster HAF-X, i5-3570k@4.3Ghz, AsRock Z77 Extreme4, Sapphire HD7870@1150Mhz, G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600Mhz, Silverstone Strider Plus 750W, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit

temperatures..

airdeano

No, i mean, I don't want to clean the dust on the cpu heatsink anymore... Very tiring job. :-(

temperatures..

airdeano

Now you will just have to clean the dust out of a radiator instead...

temperatures..

airdeano

attaching magnetic fan filters to the rad or case intakes can make that heaps easier.

Aussie FTW!