Weird Monitor Buggyness in-game

-ism

Just last year I bought this Samsung B2430HD monitor on Craigslist over a slightly more expensive ASUS monitor (same screen size, 2 MHz faster refresh rate). The main reason I bought it was because it was close, I needed a monitor, and it was cheaper. Well, that monitor worked great once I figured out why it kept messing with my screen.

It's hard to describe this issue so I'll just show a video of the problem that I had.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgQ6eTjhw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgQ6eTjhw8[/url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgQ6eTjhw8]

[url=

]
[/url=
]

I fixed this problem, and it has been fine for a long time. Today I downloaded Far Cry 2 since it was 2.5$ on steam, and when I run the game it reduces my resolution to 1650 x 1080 and stretches it to fill the screen. The colors get all washed out and messed up and everything looks super dark. I tried opening Arma 2 and it did not do this goofy thing.

What should I do? It works fine in windowed mode but who wants to play in windowed mode. -_-

I will try using the VGA cable with a DVI-VGA adapter that came with my card, but eww who wants to do that o-o

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Lesson in life HDMI sucks. It was never designed for computers.

Always use DVI or DisplayPort. These connections are specifically designed for computers, they are solid standard in the industry, well defined specifications where they both always worked, and guess what? No royalties, cheaper cables, and better connectors in general, from specs, to design, from the period it came out. Considering that DVI is still used today after ~14 years in a fast moving tech industry, is pretty freaking amazing.

Anyway, your problem is that the graphic card and monitor aren't communicating between each other to always display the image correctly. If a driver update doesn't fix this, then there is no fix. It's HDMI. Use DVI if you can.

In any case, to solve your problem in FarCray 2, go in the game options, and increase the resolution to your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and the image should be fine.

Lesson in life HDMI sucks. It was never designed for computers.

Always use DVI or DisplayPort. These connections are specifically designed for computers, they are solid standard in the industry, well defined specifications where they both always worked, and guess what? No royalties, cheaper cables, and better connectors in general, from specs, to design, from the period it came out. Considering that DVI is still used today after ~14 years in a fast moving tech industry, is pretty freaking amazing.

Anyway, your problem is that the graphic card and monitor aren't communicating between each other to always display the image correctly. If a driver update doesn't fix this, then there is no fix. It's HDMI. Use DVI if you can.

In any case, to solve your problem in FarCray 2, go in the game options, and increase the resolution to your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and the image should be fine.

Trust me I would use DVI if I could. Sadly this monitor only has VGA and HDMI. I have around 6 DVI cables laying around too :/ VGA-DVI made the image quality even more garbage than it was.

Thanks for helping me with my issue. Apparently my monitor was saying it was in 1650 x 1080 or whatever but the game said 1920 x 1080. Fixed it by switching to 17somethingorother x 1xxx and then back again and it worked. Thanks so much!

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Glad I could help. It's a real shame your monitor doesn't have DVI. :/

Yea, VGA, at 1080p is stretching it. Some people have no issue. But in reality is all depends on the quality of the analogue to digital converter on the monitor, and the interference level of where you are located in, and the quality of the cable. It was never an issue before, has we used low resolutions, but 1080p is pushing VGA.