Motherboard

What is this stuff in this motherboard chip heatsink I need to replace it in anither motherboard and it doesn't look thermal paste or thermal pad and my other motherboards chupset heatsink is loose so I am going to re apply it to the other motherboard but I have not idea what this is http://m.imgur.com/KqaVE3u

7 minutes ago, PCGeek said:

It's just thermal compound that's dried.  Use some Isopropyl Alcohol to remove and reapply some regular thermal compound.

I don't think. Kit is thermal paste it feels different and it looks really different from the thermal paste on my cpj cooler it almost feels like a thermal pad because thermal paste doesn't break off in pad chuncks like that and thermal paste wpudl have gotten on the chip around it it didn't squeaze or anything which is why I said it is almost like a pad. It I cant figure out what it is but it isn't thermal paste that I know for sure 

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

I don't think. Kit is thermal paste it feels different and it looks really different from the thermal paste on my cpj cooler it almost feels like a thermal pad because thermal paste doesn't break off in pad chuncks like that and thermal paste wpudl have gotten on the chip around it it didn't squeaze or anything which is why I said it is almost like a pad. It I cant figure out what it is but it isn't thermal paste that I know for sure 

It just seems like that because it was applied uniformly during the assembly process.  It was probably a robot that applied the paste.  Thermal paste after it dries out can break out in chunks like you have.

8 minutes ago, PCGeek said:

It just seems like that because it was applied uniformly during the assembly process.  It was probably a robot that applied the paste.  Thermal paste after it dries out can break out in chunks like you have.

Not in chunks like I mean it doesn't even feel like thermal paste or look like it remotely it is a pad if something but it is not thermal paste

3 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Not in chunks like I mean it doesn't even feel like thermal paste or look like it remotely it is a pad if something but it is not thermal paste

Give us more pics and what is the mobo? It does look like thermal paste though.

1 hour ago, FTL said:

Give us more pics and what is the mobo? It does look like thermal paste though.

It doesn't look like thermal paste it is pretty much a pad of something butbthermal paste doesn't form like that and that isn't the motherboard that is blotter a my the only thing I am wkdneirng aboutbwhyd o you need more pics when that is the only thing I'm looking at,everything else is fine