PAL SNES Problems

I recently got my hands on a PAL SNES and I've just been able to hook it up to a TV and I encountered some issues. There's always graphical glitches that cover quite a bit of the screen and a constant buzzing noise. The game runs fine but with the graphical bugs and buzzing. 

Some other forums I've never heard of before say that certain chips need to be replaced or the entire motherboard or suggest cleaning kits that'll probably take weeks to be shipped. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. 

I do not know if this will help with a video game console, but you might try is some sort of PAL to NTSC converter. I have found that my modern TV, since it was made for the American Market using the ATSC standard, has some problems playing back my Thai wife's PAL VHS tapes. Using one of these converters fixed the problem. They can be found on eBay for as little as $15.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

4 minutes ago, linesma said:

I do not know if this will help with a video game console, but you might try is some sort of PAL to NTSC converter. I have found that my modern TV, since it was made for the American Market using the ATSC standard, has some problems playing back my Thai wife's PAL VHS tapes. Using one of these converters fixed the problem. They can be found on eBay for as little as $15.

My TV is PAL. I'm from Australia.

5 minutes ago, Whoopsie988 said:

My TV is PAL. I'm from Australia.

Thank you for the reply. I was not sure, so I made an assumption and threw out a wildcard. I am sorry that I can't help you then. Be interested to know what fixes the problem.

Edited by linesma
clarity

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Are the contacts on either the cartridge slot or the cartridges themselves clean?

A tried cleaning them with an alcohol wipe, I'm not sure if I did anything as the wipe itself wasn't dirty afterwards.

1 minute ago, Whoopsie988 said:

A tried cleaning them with an alcohol wipe, I'm not sure if I did anything as the wipe itself wasn't dirty afterwards.

The contacts inside the cartridge slot or the cartridge itself?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

The contacts inside the cartridge slot or the cartridge itself?

Both

What games have you tested?

It is Super Mario All Stars, I only have the one game that came with the console so that could be what it is.

3 minutes ago, Whoopsie988 said:

It is Super Mario All Stars, I only have the one game that came with the console so that could be what it is.

Hmm. I'd rather want to see how other games are on it rather than assuming that your console is defective.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Hmm. I'd rather want to see how other games are on it rather than assuming that your console is defective.

Yeah, I'd rather not either as I don't want to have to open it up or buy I new one.

So I've done some research and what's happening points towards the cartridge being dirty or faulty in some way. In cases where certain chips are broken in the SNES there's random letters and pixelation on the screen, that doesn't appear here (although there is pixelation). I've attached a photo of the opening screen.

IMG_2490.JPG