Will this memory work?

rip
Go to solution Solved by CarsonAurum,

When you get it, place it on top of the open RAM slot and push evenly on both sides with two fingers until it clicks into place, just like you did with the first one.

From what I remember from the last time I built a PC, the timings automatically match up as long as there is a common timing among both sticks.

https://www.amazon.ca/HP-593913-B21-DDR3-SDRAM-Memory/dp/B003EM4QPG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483070282&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=593913-B21+-+HP+8GB+(1x8GB)+Dual+Rank+x4+PC3-10600+(DDR3-1333)+Registered+CAS-9+Memory+Kit

My current memory: Single 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 PC3 12800. Supported latency: 6 7 8 9 10 11

My motherboard: Asus H81M-E with i5 4460

That's the cheapest I could find. Rest are ECC memory and I believe won't work with my PC

rip

4 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

As long as the stick isn't DOA, it should work.

4 minutes ago, CarsonAurum said:

I'm sure it will work, and yes, ECC would not work on your machine.

Any tips on how to install it once I get it? Do I just plug it in to the RAM slot? I have 2 btw

I heard you need to change timing to match with current RAM? How? My timings is 11 11 11 28

rip

When you get it, place it on top of the open RAM slot and push evenly on both sides with two fingers until it clicks into place, just like you did with the first one.

From what I remember from the last time I built a PC, the timings automatically match up as long as there is a common timing among both sticks.

19 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

yup

if they're different, it'll just run at the lowest frequency and highest latency (not a big deal)

20 minutes ago, CarsonAurum said:

1 more final question. does anybody know any program/games uses more than 12gb. i do video editing and gaming. should I save money on 12gb (8+4) instead and if 8+4 would work fine?

rip

8 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Video editing? Yes, more RAM is always better. Resolve caps at 12 just for the program itself, and Adobe doesn't even have a limit. That said, unless you're a SERIOUS video editor I'd say 12 GB is still more than fine.

And yes, that'll work. I'm kind of doing it now, albiet with 2x 8 and 2x 4

how about games? any game that uses more than 12. I heard BF1 or smt

rip