Backup Drive

Go to solution Solved by CarsonAurum,

If you're windows, in settings, there is an option for backups as well as configuring how/when/what they backup. On mac, there's timemachine that manages most things for you.

Ok i have a sea gate 1tb external hardrive how would i backup all of my into onto it (haven't tried it yet because dont want to mess up)

If you have windows 10 just use the backup option in settings.

Even if you mess it up, it's just a case of deleting the backup and doing it again so, no need to hesitate.

Edited by Faster_Speeding

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

1 minute ago, Faster_Speeding said:

If you have windows 10 just use the backup option in settings.

oh thanks

If you're windows, in settings, there is an option for backups as well as configuring how/when/what they backup. On mac, there's timemachine that manages most things for you.

From experience, I'd recommend a backup at around 2 or 3 AM and I believe there's a setting that specifies what to do when the drive fills up (I picked write over the oldest save).

1 minute ago, CarsonAurum said:

From experience, I'd recommend a backup at around 2 or 3 AM and I believe there's a setting that specifies what to do when the drive fills up (I picked write over the oldest save).

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It depends what you're wanting to backup - is it just photos, documents, save games etc?

The simplest way is to just copy the files you want. 

To automate I like Veeam and Macrium - however there is more learning involved with these options. For something easier to use, Crashplan is an option also.