2.1 Speaker Setup Issues

anybodykek
Go to solution Solved by AdamH96,
1 minute ago, anybodykek said:

There's only three jacks. A blue Line out, a green Line in, and a red Microphone. And I have only one control pod for the subwoofer, though it has a headphone jack on it.

plug the aux jack from the speakers to the back of the sub.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Z313+how+to+setup

So i recently bought a 2.1 speaker setup from Logitech, the Z313, to be exact. I have two issues with these speakers. I cannot use the subwoofer and speakers simultaneously, only once at a time. And, when I do use the speakers, they are extremely quiet. I tried plugging them in to both the Green Line In jack and the front Headphone jack, as well as the jack on the wired controller pod. All of them produce the same quiet sound, even when on maximum volume. Help!

Most motherboards come with a physical copy of the software. Did you not install anything for the disc? 

Just now, JJS said:

Most motherboards come with a physical copy of the software. Did you not install anything for the disc? 

Hmm, haven't installed any disk drivers. I'll install the driver software and see if I can find anything.

that alone might fix it, if not you've got better audio drivers anyway

the speakers are plugged into the sub right?, they should be, the sub woofer has hardware to split the low end and high end to the sub and hi-fi speakers.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

3 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

the speakers are plugged into the sub right?, they should be, the sub woofer has hardware to split the low end and high end to the sub and hi-fi speakers.

No. The speakers are plugged into my front headphone jack. But, my sub has a wired control pod which controls volume and has a power button.

Also, when the speakers are disconnected, the sub starts playing at full volume. The subs are connected to the Line In on the motherboard.

3 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

No. The speakers are plugged into my front headphone jack. But, my sub has a wired control pod which controls volume and has a power button.

there should be a jack in the back of the sub for the speakers and the sub should plug into the comp. i have the Z623 and the x-240, most 2.1 do that.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

3 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

there should be a jack in the back of the sub for the speakers and the sub should plug into the comp. i have the Z623 and the x-240, most 2.1 do that. that vol. control only controls the subwoofer and there should be another control pod.

There's only three jacks. A blue Line out, a green Line in, and a red Microphone. And I have only one control pod for the subwoofer, though it has a headphone jack on it. And the sub has no jack.

There's only three jacks. A blue Line out, a green Line in, and a red Microphone. And I have only one control pod for the subwoofer, though it has a headphone jack on it.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Z313+how+to+setup

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

Just a quick final question, how would I use the sub and speakers at the same time? They register as one in the sound properties in Windows control panel, but the sub produces no sound.

Just a quick final question, how would I use the sub and speakers at the same time? They register as one in the sound properties in Windows control panel, but the sub produces no sound.

is there a volume knob on the back or on the pod for sub?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, AdamHolt96 said:

is there a volume knob on the back or on the pod for sub?

There is on the pod, but it only controls the speakers, not the sub.

5 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

There is on the pod, but it only controls the speakers, not the sub.

check the sound settings on the computer, what version of windows do you have?

right click on sound icon>playback devices>select speakers>configure>stereo>next>select full-range(front left and right)>finish.

make sure there is no eq settings on.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, AdamHolt96 said:

check the sound settings on the computer, what version of windows do you have?

right click on sound icon>playback devices>select speakers>configure>stereo>next>select full-range(front left and right)>finish

I have windows 10. I did the sound thing, nothing changed.

are you playing anything with low bass?

Spoiler