Upgrading PC

Marziin111

Hello guys,

I am about updating my computer a bit. I am only playing Rainbow Six Siege on that machine but I want it to run on something between 120 and 150 fps constantly. Currently I am on about 80-110 fps.

My Current Setup:

H97M-E Motherboard (pretty fine for me)

GTX 960 4GB

i5 4460

8 GB RAM

What would you recommend me to upgrade and to what? I don't want to spend much money and I don't need a future approved machine. It just has to run the give game on low settings (1080p), nothing else. 

Thanks for your help.

Greets

If you wanted a NVIDIA GPU because of shadow play and the optimisation features of NVIDIA Experience. I would have to say either the 970 or 980 as the 970 performs similarly to the RX 480. I just saw a benchmark on the 970 on ultra 1080p and the lowest was 69 fps and it averaged around 114. You could probabaly get 200fps on low easy.

13 minutes ago, Marziin111 said:

Okay, trank you. What about the CPU?

There is a slight problem as the motherboard you have has the lga 1150 socket and newer boards have a different socket. But if you don't want to upgrade a motherboard a i5 4690k should do the trick as it out performs the i5 6600k in some areas, although the i5 4690k is a little expensive. To be honest you could even just leave your CPU but and upgrade may stop any possible bottlenecks if there would be one.

Should I rather get the GTX 1060 3 GB or the GTX 960? Or is the 1060 6GB worth it? Do I need 6 GB? Currently the game says it need around 2GB 1.2 - 2.2 GB.

Is a 3GB 1060 still better than a GTX 970? And which card will handle SLI better?

I just bought the 4960K already but I am still unsure about the GPU. I have the GTX 970 in mind aswell as GTX 1060 3GB or the RX 480 4GB. Keep in mind, I just need it to run Rainbow with low settings on high FPS. Thanks for your help.