Hi so, i currently have a cat 6 ethernet cable like 25m long running from our router in the lounge room into my room via a bunch of strategically placed couches and nails in the wall. (don't worry i didn't nail through the cable i'm not that bad, the nails are just to make sure it doesn't fall off ridges and skirtings etc.) This has worked fine up until now, because i want to plug in more than just my laptop. So i was going to just buy a switch but then i figured for an extra ten bucks or so i could just buy a router and then i'd have wifi in my room and very close to the rest of the house and important areas and the ethernet ports (this is a big plus as the wifi has been on the fritz lately and this would hopefully clear up some problems of simple range). my question is, if i am going to use the router as a wireless access point, will the ethernet connections still work off of it, or will it get confused by the different incoming things? i'm pretty sure it will work and i know enough to set stuff up and im usually ok with tech but i dont know much about complicated networking. i have the router picked out that i want to use its a tenda n60 found a good one on ebay and its a good price, so what should i do, go for it or just cut my losses and get a switch. Also last side note, since most of the internet traffic will be coming through this one cable from the router, will it bottle neck it much, the most it will have to do is put up with two people streaming and maybe an app downloading in the back ground. our internet speed is locked at 30mbps max so idk if theres really that much room to bottleneck with such slow internet in the first place but this is all kind of new territory for me.  like i said its a cat 6 ethernet and it mostly keeps away from the electronics so should i be fine?

Thank you for the hep in advance :) a late merry christmas to every one from Australia