Headphone DAC/ AMP

Yoo Song Won

So I just got my Sennheiser HD650 and am looking for a decent headphone amp for my PC.

I would like the amp to be fairly cheap, produce sound that is exact to the recording and if it were to be portable, that would be a bonus, though it's not completely necessary.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Yoo Song Won said:

So I just got my Sennheiser HD650 and am looking for a decent headphone amp for my PC.

I would like the amp to be fairly cheap, produce sound that is exact to the recording and if it were to be portable, that would be a bonus, though it's not completely necessary.

Thanks.

Scarlett 2i2 or scarlett solo? it's about 100 £ on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Focusrite-Scarlett-Audio-Interface-Tools/dp/B01E6T56EA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482752511&sr=8-1&keywords=scarlett+2i2

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

That motherboard has decent enough onboard, assuming the Z87-G45 is still accurate. It uses OPA1652 amps, should be plenty.

Yeah, I used it and the sound is alright. However, some games, like Overwatch, isn't that loud and some videos too isn't that loud. The soundstage isn't as good either as my speaker amp which is pretty big as it's made for the TV.

go to the pinned post and pick one that fits your budget. I have personally tested most of them and they are all good value l, ofc the higher you go in price the better they get. Fairly cheap is subjective, for me a fairly cheap amp is 200$-250$.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

go to the pinned post and pick one that fits your budget. I have personally tested most of them and they are all good value l, ofc the higher you go in price the better they get. Fairly cheap is subjective, for me a fairly cheap amp is 200$-250$.

When I say fairly cheap, I mean around the $100 range.

Schiit Fulla 2. It's the most powerful, versatile, portable, DAC/amp/preamp under $100.

Order from schiit.eu.com.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Schiit Fulla 2. It's the most powerful, versatile, portable, DAC/amp/preamp under $100.

Oh awesome! Thanks a lot cause I couldn't find anywhere to buy this in the UK!

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

Looking at the website, the Fulla 2 and the Magni 2 are the same price... Which one should I get?

20 minutes ago, Yoo Song Won said:

Looking at the website, the Fulla 2 and the Magni 2 are the same price... Which one should I get?

Fulla, because it's the most powerful, versatile, portable, DAC/amp/preamp under $100. I feel like I just typed that sentence.