Best Monitor for Productivity

sperkowsky

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted here but I do want some insight on this one. 

I am looking for a single monitor as I will be going away for college fairly soon and will not be able to bring my 3 monitors with me due to the small sized desks. 

I will not be doing much gaming if at all. This will mostly be used with CAD programs such as Solidworks as well as programs like Matlab. It will also be used for general productivity doing things like research and writing. 

The monitor will be plugged into a high end laptop (something like a high end Thinkpad workstation). I have not bought the laptop yet though. 

As for budget I am not going to specify anything. My threshold is under $1000 dollars but I would prefer something closer to $500. Suggest away though I am willing to invest a fair amount of cash into the monitor. 

Thanks in advance!

- Sam

18 minutes ago, sperkowsky said:

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted here but I do want some insight on this one. 

I am looking for a single monitor as I will be going away for college fairly soon and will not be able to bring my 3 monitors with me due to the small sized desks. 

I will not be doing much gaming if at all. This will mostly be used with CAD programs such as Solidworks as well as programs like Matlab. It will also be used for general productivity doing things like research and writing. 

The monitor will be plugged into a high end laptop (something like a high end Thinkpad workstation). I have not bought the laptop yet though. 

As for budget I am not going to specify anything. My threshold is under $1000 dollars but I would prefer something closer to $500. Suggest away though I am willing to invest a fair amount of cash into the monitor. 

Thanks in advance!

- Sam

the biggest one you have