Rear Case Fan Not Working

ignito

So I have an NZXT H440, and the stock rear fan has stopped spinning. It's made noises that almost sounded like a light grind, then it stops spinning, spins back up, rinse and repeat a few times, then spins at a slower rate. That was maybe a month ago iirc. Just a bit ago, my PC was getting pretty noisy, and when I felt the side panel, it was a little hot and I noticed that the rear case fan doesn't spin at all; if it does, it's for a second at startup and stops. So I checked the fans on the front of the case and they were spinning still, and when I powered off and spun them manually, they were okay. The rear fan, however, would only spin as far as i pushed the blades; it felt heavy, if that's any way to describe it.

Now Im assuming that theres an issue with the bearings or something, and I don't know if this warrants the need to buy a new fan or open up the current one to clean/fix. Any help is appreciated.

Fan could be faulty. Maybe you can get a replacement for it from NZXT.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

1 minute ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Fan could be faulty. Maybe you can get a replacement for it from NZXT.

Yep, fans die. I wouldn't bother with a replacement of the same model. The included fans are NZXT FN V2s you can do much better than those as far as CFM and cmH2O all without going above 40db which is the noise level of a quiet room.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Yep its definitely the bearings. If you're still under warranty you could file for and I'm sure they'd send you a replacement, or you could just pick up one of your choosing. They're cheap and easy to replace

Yeah, I figured as much. Any recommendations for case fans?

1 hour ago, Carbyn Fyber said:

Yeah, I figured as much. Any recommendations for case fans?

Have you tried contacting nzxt for a replacement? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.