My PC won't start after cleaning

So I was cleaning my computer this morning with compressed air and rubbing alchohol. I used just a little and wiped down the PSU box and the graphics card plastic top and now my computer doesn't start. It runs for one second and the fans start spinning but then it goes off again!!! Did I fry my system? I'm worried.

2 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

So I was cleaning my computer this morning with compressed air and rubbing alchohol. I used just a little and wiped down the PSU box and the graphics card plastic top and now my computer doesn't start. It runs for one second and the fans start spinning but then it goes off again!!! Did I fry my system? I'm worried.

Okay don't use titles like that it's very annoying.

Did you check if you've might unhooked any cables during cleaning?

Could you have gotten some liquid on the motherboard and caused it to short circuit? And please, don't use titles like "Uh oh...". They're very annoying, and almost like click-bait in a way.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Sorry I'm panicking right now. Lesson learned about the title. As for the pc I did several thing that may have caused this: I unplugged a ram stick to pull pet hair out of the CPU fan, some of the stuff came out of the can as liquid, and the rubbing alchohol may have seeped through the plastic cover on the gpu 

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Could you have gotten some liquid on the motherboard and caused it to short circuit? And please, don't use titles like "Uh oh...". They're very annoying, and almost like click-bait in a way.

The click bait did work for me actually :P  but it is very annoying.

1 minute ago, Saltyroast said:

Sorry I'm panicking right now. Lesson learned about the title. As for the pc I did several thing that may have caused this: I unplugged a ram stick to pull pet hair out of the CPU fan, some of the stuff came out of the can as liquid, and the rubbing alchohol may have seeped through the plastic cover on the gpu 

There's your issue. You saw liquid going into your computer, and proceeded to turn it on. Doing this may have fried the board, but it's hard to know without physical evidence. Sorry, mate.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Which sort  of alcohol did you use and is the ram stick all the way in?

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

There's your issue. You saw liquid going into your computer, and proceeded to turn it on. Doing this may have fried the board, but it's hard to know without physical evidence. Sorry, mate.

This might not be a problem if he used isopropyl.

Just now, Mark17 said:

This might not be a problem if he used isopropyl.

Maybe, we just need to hear back from OP

How do I change the title? Also I'll post a pic of the inside 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ask a mod about the title, but I wouldn't bother. We need to know what type of alcohol you used, not the inside of your system. 

You can change title by editing the original post

Hello

What kind of can was it you mentioned? Compressed air? Did you reseat everything, such as your RAM and your GPU?

Isopropyl alcohol

let it dry out with a hairdryer or heatgun

Hello

4 minutes ago, Saltyroast said:

Isopropyl alcohol

Then as I said try to push in every cable to see if it goes slightly further check your ram sticks. and if possible try another Powersupply.

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

Go easy on the heatgun there, don't want your components to melt.

1 minute ago, TAHIRMIA said:

it should have been evaporated by now.

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

What kind of can was it you mentioned? Compressed air? Did you reseat everything, such as your RAM and your GPU?

Reset? I checked and made sure everything is plugged in and it is. Here's the duster I used 

image.jpg

Just now, Saltyroast said:

Reset? I checked and made sure everything is plugged in and it is. Here's the duster I used 

image.jpg

I don't know if the liquid in that stuff is conductive or not, but it sure as heck will give you frostbite. And re-seat everything you can, meaning you should take it out and put it back in.

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I don't know if the liquid in that stuff is conductive or not, but it sure as heck will give you frostbite. And re-seat everything you can, meaning you should take it out and put it back in.

Im thinking that its possible that the something may have short circuited or fried when the condensed liquid came out onto the board? as previously mentioned? but I would try unplugging the psu, pulling out all ram except one stick, pulling out gpu, reseating the cmos battery and let sit for about 5 or so minutes before rebooting. If it boots safe then rule out the remaining components by trial and error 

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Tried reseating the RAM now it won't fit back in. That little black knob is supposed to go up

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bansh33 said:

Im thinking that its possible that the something may have short circuited or fried when the condensed liquid came out onto the board? as previously mentioned? but I would try unplugging the psu, pulling out all ram except one stick, pulling out gpu, reseating the cmos battery and let sit for about 5 or so minutes before rebooting. If it boots safe then rule out the remaining components by trial and error 

How do I reset the cmos battery?

Tried reseating the RAM now it won't fit back in. That little black knob is supposed to go up

It needs a slightly concerning amount of pressure to pop in.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB