Mixed ram?

Can I run 2x 4gb Corsair Vengance and 2x 4gb Corsair Vengance Pro at the same time?

Mobo: Msi 970 gaming

both kits are 1866mhz and I want to upgrade to 16 gb because of video editing and the memory leak issue in Just Cause 3

Yes, you can and it will work.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Just now, MotherbordEater11 said:

Can I run 2x 4gb Corsair Vengance and 2x 4gb Corsair Vengance Pro at the same time?

Mobo: Msi 970 gaming

both kits are 1866mhz and I want to upgrade to 16 gb because of video editing and the memory leak issue in Just Cause 3

Yes you can but you may face some difficulties later on

1 minute ago, KeFy said:

you may face some difficulties later on

Like what?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

8 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

Like what?

For me personally when i mixed ram sticks a while ago my pc just stoped working. put in 2 of the same and it worked without flaw.

15 minutes ago, KeFy said:

Yes you can but you may face some difficulties later on

He's right you might run into compatibility issues and end up spending more instead it's better to buy a whole new kit or 2 of exactly the same sticks.

2 hours ago, Mark17 said:

He's right you might run into compatibility issues and end up spending more instead it's better to buy a whole new kit or 2 of exactly the same sticks.

But I will be buying it from frys electronics with a 30 full refund period, therefore if I have any issues I would just return them.

Just now, Strike105X said:

If your running an overclock you might loose it, different types of ram don't play nicely in most cases with AMD's IMC. With everything set to default though it might work.

well that wont be a problem for me because when i try to overclock my ram it posts fine but windows is the problem it just start automatic repair and I did end up getting signed in (kinda) but immediately it was blue screen 

16 hours ago, MotherbordEater11 said:

But I will be buying it from frys electronics with a 30 full refund period, therefore if I have any issues I would just return them.

You checked if this also complies with ram modules because in most stores it's once out the box that you can't return it only if the modules are defect.