Troubleshooting Ethernet with built PC

Craydar
Go to solution Solved by Silent_arrow,

i had the4 same problem.you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually the motherboard comes with a cd or usb that the drivers are on if you have that run it and install the drivers if not on a different computer download the drivers from their website download them and transfer them to some kind of media you can plug into your new motherboard(CD or USB) then run them and that should solve your problem.

Today I built my first pc and all went smooth until I tried plugging my Ethernet cable. Windows acts as if there is not a cable plugged in, but there is and I'm sure it worked (the cable worked with my previous Mac). I have installed the drivers, but they have not fixed anything. How should I fix this?

23 minutes ago, Craydar said:

Today I built my first pc and all went smooth until I tried plugging my Ethernet cable. Windows acts as if there is not a cable plugged in, but there is and I'm sure it worked (the cable worked with my previous Mac). I have installed the drivers, but they have not fixed anything. How should I fix this?

What are your specs and have you tried connecting a USB network adapter? 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

i had the4 same problem.you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually the motherboard comes with a cd or usb that the drivers are on if you have that run it and install the drivers if not on a different computer download the drivers from their website download them and transfer them to some kind of media you can plug into your new motherboard(CD or USB) then run them and that should solve your problem.

2 hours ago, Craydar said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Z68H99/asrock-motherboard-h110mitx

here is my motherboard.

what USB adapter should I buy?

I have https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002SZEOLG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1    adapter and it is one of the best in the market! It can do some pretty neat and adavanced stuff if you need to do them in the future and it is very fast and reliable. I don't have AC wifi so this is a perfect adapter for people who are in the same case as me. If you have AC wifi, then you have to look into more expensive adapters. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation"