GPU running on 1164 core clock when idle!?

DGaming

So I have the GTX 970 and I havent had a problem with it ever. Until yesterday i noticed that the gpu is running at 1164 core clock and 3506 memory clock on idle. Im not running anything in the background, just MSI afterburner to monitor core clock and it stays on 1164, making my card really hot for no reason? If someone can help me resolve this problem, i would really appreciate it!

-Thank you! :)

In the NVIDIA control panel, there's an option in the menu bar to show an icon in the notification area that tells you which programs are actively using the GPU. You can start there to see if you have something running.

Also if you have dual monitors and they're not using the same refresh rate (like a 144Hz monitor paired with a 60Hz monitor), the GPU will not go to idle clocks.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

In the NVIDIA control panel, there's an option in the menu bar to show an icon in the notification area that tells you which programs are actively using the GPU. You can start there to see if you have something running.

Also if you have dual monitors and they're not using the same refresh rate (like a 144Hz monitor paired with a 60Hz monitor), the GPU will not go to idle clocks.

Im not using 2 monitors and also ill check in the control panel. Thanks

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Where exactly is this option, I cant seem to find it?