Want a 1080p 144hz monitor

SMR

Hey guys,

I was thinking buying a 144Hz monitor to step my FPS game up. I currently have a LG ultrawide IPS panel so i'll use the 144 for fps and the ultrawide for everything else. I currently have a R9 280 so it should be able to handle the 144hz for now. I'm definitely planning on upgrading the GPU later this year.

Question is, what are the popular 144Hz panels right now, boxing day is not too far so I'll check that and probably buy one this day so I'm just trying to figure out which one to look at.

I'm also looking for a good monitor wall mount with an arm. Knowing this the monitor should be VESA to be easily mounted right ?

Thank you!

:)

You can grab one with Freesync which will remove tears whenever your fps goes low (say, in AAA games). Leave it off for CS:GO though

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/FZJkcf/acer-xf240h-240-144hz-monitor-umfx0aa001

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

These are the two I'd get

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

17 hours ago, Energycore said:

You can grab one with Freesync which will remove tears whenever your fps goes low (say, in AAA games). Leave it off for CS:GO though

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/FZJkcf/acer-xf240h-240-144hz-monitor-umfx0aa001

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

These are the two I'd get

Thanks! 

Random question, does amazon have boxing day sales on these kind of product or I should just order it now ? 

And what's the difference between the AOC G2460PQU and the AOC G2460PF ?? There is a price difference (240$ OMG WAT) but can't find what changes in the specs besides freesync. and knowing i'll update GPU this year and maybe get an Nvidia (Will depends of the deals at the moment of the upgrade), does it worth it to pay extra for freesync ?

1 minute ago, H4X3R said:

AOC G2460PF for sure. It costs the same as a non free sync 144hz 1080p panel but well... it has freesync! 

I have been using it for a week now and i am very happy with it (make sure to download a good icc profile for the colours though).

I'm in canada, there is a 240$CAD price difference on amazon.

7 hours ago, SMR said:

Thanks! 

Random question, does amazon have boxing day sales on these kind of product or I should just order it now ? 

And what's the difference between the AOC G2460PQU and the AOC G2460PF ?? There is a price difference (240$ OMG WAT) but can't find what changes in the specs besides freesync. and knowing i'll update GPU this year and maybe get an Nvidia (Will depends of the deals at the moment of the upgrade), does it worth it to pay extra for freesync ?

Just freesync. There shouldn't be a price difference, in the US there isn't and even here in my country the G2460PQU is more expensive lol

I wouldn't pay for adaptive sync, be it Freesync or Gsync. There are other monitors out there like the Acer XF240H that you can look at.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR