SLI reasons

App4that

Sup my brothers for other mothers. Been a few minutes and hoping things have calmed down. As it's been a minute I have a few issues, so chime in if you have any information on any.

Rig specs for reference.

4790k @4.7GHz

16g DDR3 @2400MHz

MPOWER MAX motherboard

EVGA 980ti Hybrids x2 (MSI hard bridge)

EVGA 1000G@ power supply

Samsung 850 500g

Sandisk Ultra II 120g

WD Black 1T

1) Still chasing a problem were the monitor blinks anywhere from 30 seconds and a minute after booting up, also sometimes moving in and out of applications. Issue started after a driver update months ago, seems to be the the PC checking resolution, or looking to switch but I don't use DSR. I do have one 1080p and one 1440 monitor though. 

2) I have 3 AIO in my C70 case. A 240 in the top, one 120 (hybrid) in the top back, and one 120 in the bottom front. The bottom front has to be intake, so the exhaust from the bottom 980ti goes into the case. Not optimal but can't see any way around it. The 240 won't fit in the front. 

3) SLI. So far I've had very good luck with using two Hybrids, adding a Classified DID NOT WORK, be warned. The two Hybrids score 38k in firestrike. But I do notice issues with a few games like Mechwarrior and War Thunder. Going from SLI enabled to disabled is a pain, anyone know of a way around that, or settings in those games that help? Usual issue is fps drops for no good reason. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I can't help you with your SLI issues as I've never done SLI, but just wanted to say: welcome back! :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Are you on windows 7 or 10? 

I had the same kinda issues with my 1440 and 1080 screens. 

Changed windows appearance to the best appearence option. When you change something it going from a default setting such as windows basic and causes me the same issues you spoke of. 

I never disable sli for games that don't support it. Runs the same for me as leaving it off. It may be that way because the games do support it but the driver just needed to be updated. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Are you on windows 7 or 10? 

I had the same kinda issues with my 1440 and 1080 screens. 

Changed windows appearance to the best appearence option. When you change something it going from a default setting such as windows basic and causes me the same issues you spoke of. 

I never disable sli for games that don't support it. Runs the same for me as leaving it off. It may be that way because the games do support it but the driver just needed to be updated. 

Yeah W10. 

I get about 20fps lower than on a single card in War Thunder than SLI. I'll look into drivers. Thanks!

If anyone asks you never saw me.