Whats better?

LiquidLion

Hey

I am thinking between upgrading my current or building a new pc and had some questions. What would even be the better choice in my case? (my current specs are listed below. keep in mind that pc is roughly 3+ years old i think) 

If i were to buy and build a new pc myself the budget would roughly hover at around 1.2-1.5k. 

I need great performance and this pc has served me very well for quiet some time now but since i bought a new monitor yesterday ( ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ) and am also getting into games that require a bit more graphical power (i used to play league and oldschool-titles such as AgeOfEmpires and Runscape and have now begun to play newer titles such as BF1 and Dishonoured 2)

My current pc has the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Motherboard

Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

Storage: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black + 125Gb Samsung SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

CPU - Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

PowerSupply: 750W Corsair TX750M

Thank you veryy much for reading and i wish all a great day :)

A simple GPU upgrade would be all I'd recommend. 

upgrade GPU to a GTX1060 to GTX1070 and you should be all set.

your CPU is almost as powerful as some skyline models today, so you;re set there

11 minutes ago, BenoitWW said:

your CPU is almost as powerful as some skyline models today, so you;re set there

1440P I would avoid a 1060

5 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Skylake..

That monitor is WQHD if u want to maxout AAA title and get smooth framerate get the GTX 1070 or R9 Fury.

Monitor is Gsync, would be a waste to go AMD

19 minutes ago, LiquidLion said:

Hey

I am thinking between upgrading my current or building a new pc and had some questions. What would even be the better choice in my case? (my current specs are listed below. keep in mind that pc is roughly 3+ years old i think) 

If i were to buy and build a new pc myself the budget would roughly hover at around 1.2-1.5k. 

I need great performance and this pc has served me very well for quiet some time now but since i bought a new monitor yesterday ( ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ) and am also getting into games that require a bit more graphical power (i used to play league and oldschool-titles such as AgeOfEmpires and Runscape and have now begun to play newer titles such as BF1 and Dishonoured 2)

1080 will last longer and is pretty sweet at 1440P, dishonoured 2 is a pretty demanding game. No real reason to upgrade the CPU its still a good chip, if you did I would go X99, but I really wouldn't bother, maybe wait until after Kabylake X and RYZEN and see how the CPU market shapes up later next year. You could add a bigger SSD with that 1080

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

12 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Skylake..

That monitor is WQHD if u want to maxout AAA title and get smooth framerate get the GTX 1070 or R9 Fury.

i hate spellcheck so much when it comes to tech.

and kaby lake autocorrects to baby lake.

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

Owh i didnt know that..my bad.

1080 will last longer but its just not great for value the card is so expensive.. If i were him i'ill stick with 1070.

and bad pc port on dishonoured 2.

But i agree.. lets wait for RYZEN.

There's also a pretty big performance gap as well between the 2. I have the Asus PG278Q and a palit gamerock premium 1080 GTX which is on water running 2050mhz, at ultra a lot games sit around 60 - 80 FPS, so I really wouldn't advise a 1070 if the OP wants smooth play in a year (and clearly has the budget). Don't get me wrong, 1070 is great also.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx-1080-gamerock-premium-edition-review/19/

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

11 hours ago, fpo said:

A simple GPU upgrade would be all I'd recommend. 

Okay thank you very much :)

11 hours ago, BenoitWW said:

Oh didnt know that xD:P

11 hours ago, stealth80 said:

1440P I would avoid a 1060

Monitor is Gsync, would be a waste to go AMD

1080 will last longer and is pretty sweet at 1440P, dishonoured 2 is a pretty demanding game. No real reason to upgrade the CPU its still a good chip, if you did I would go X99, but I really wouldn't bother, maybe wait until after Kabylake X and RYZEN and see how the CPU market shapes up later next year. You could add a bigger SSD with that 1080

Ahhh okay. So basically what you're saying is that the 1060 wouldn't be worth it and the choice is between the 1070 and 1080 with the 1070 being the more budgetfriendly version ?

11 hours ago, stealth80 said:

There's also a pretty big performance gap as well between the 2. I have the Asus PG278Q and a palit gamerock premium 1080 GTX which is on water running 2050mhz, at ultra a lot games sit around 60 - 80 FPS, so I really wouldn't advise a 1070 if the OP wants smooth play in a year (and clearly has the budget). Don't get me wrong, 1070 is great also.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx-1080-gamerock-premium-edition-review/19/

Makes sense and ye i do xD

11 hours ago, Thread212 said:

If he got the budget.. its best to wait for 1080 ti IMO.

I am not saying that 1080 is bad because its expensive in fact i sell them gpu in here its just their performance per dollar is not quite good.

And suggest 1070 because its the sweet spot for 1440p.

Anyway its up to the OP to decide..

Hmmm true. Do you know any rough date when that card will get released?

----

And again thank you very much to everyone that responded <3

2 hours ago, Thread212 said:

Next january.. but it will hurt your wallet..its going to be at least $1000 dollars

How you know?

I bet its more like $700 - 800 and the 1080 will lower in price, over $1000 put's too close the Titan XP, wouldn't be great marketing, also it probably launch in response to Vega meaning the whole 1xxx series is going to have to be more competitively priced

Ryzen Ram Guide