System freeze?

Gombel

Hey guys, i have this problem with my computer, that evry time i open msi afterburner its freeze my hole computer? I've tryed to reinstall windows 10 with USB, i've tryed takeing the grapich crads out and in, i've tryed a older verison of msi afterburner, and that didn't work too... Does anyone know why?? :(( I hope you can help me!

Thanks for the help! - Gombel :)

Did you download MSI afterburner from the OFFICIAL website?

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Just now, User1868 said:

Did you download MSI afterburner from the OFFICIAL website?

Yes the new version is from the official website the older one's is from guru. and both verisons freeze my system.

Thanks for responding i really appreciate!

There can be a lot of reasons why it freeze's your computer. It can be from a background program (like windows updates) installing. You are running Windows 64-bit?

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Just now, User1868 said:

There can be a lot of reasons why it freeze's your computer. It can be from a background program (like windows updates) installing. You are running Windows 64-bit?

Yhe, im running windows 10 home 64 bit. Its 100% official windows its not any cracked verison or anything stupid :=))

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

Yhe, im running windows 10 home 64 bit. Its 100% official windows its not any cracked verison or anything stupid :=))

Use Resource Monitor (under task manager go to the preformance tab) and see if anything is using up the disk (also you can see if the disk is being utilized in %)

6 minutes ago, User1868 said:

Use Resource Monitor (under task manager go to the preformance tab) and see if anything is using up the disk (also you can see if the disk is being utilized in %)

I was looking in about one minute, and normal it was about 0-3 % but it went up to 14%. Look here: https://gyazo.com/bbedd87d4e6fec9f9274fa956e990125

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

I was looking in about one minute, and normal it was about 0-3 % but it went up. Look here: https://gyazo.com/bbedd87d4e6fec9f9274fa956e990125

ok. Could give a more detailed explanation of what happens when you open MSI Afterburner? Does the whole system freeze or just afterburner? is it a GUI freeze or a whole system freeze up (you can't move your mouse and CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work)?

6 minutes ago, User1868 said:

ok. Could give a more detailed explanation of what happens when you open MSI Afterburner? Does the whole system freeze or just afterburner? is it a GUI freeze or a whole system freeze up (you can't move your mouse and CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work)?

Yhe well. When i open MSI afterburner then after about 2-3 secends, it completely freeze, i cant do anything NOT even  CTRL+ALT+DEL. The only why to get out of it is the shut dow the computer on my reset button and my switch on my wall..

EDIT: And i cant move my mouse either.

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate it! :) 

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Yhe well. When i open MSI afterburner then after about 2-3 secends, it completely freeze, i cant do anything NOT even  CTRL+ALT+DEL. The only why to get out of it is the shut dow the computer on my reset button and my switch on my wall..

Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate it! :) 

If you have CCleaner (or go to windows settings - system - storage and choose your hard drive and clear temporary files)  try cleaning temporary files and shut down and power on your computer (don't do a reset - fully power down and wait for 1 min and power on - when doing a restart windows doesn't always fully clear it's cache). When installing MSI Afterburner right click and choose "run as administrator"

4 minutes ago, User1868 said:

If you have CCleaner (or go to windows settings - system - storage and choose your hard drive and clear temporary files)  try cleaning temporary files and shut down and power on your computer (don't do a reset - fully power down and wait for 1 min and power on - when doing a restart windows doesn't always fully clear it's cache). When installing MSI Afterburner right click and choose "run as administrator"

I cant find any place where i can clear my files? But there shouldn't be any bad files, because i reinstalled for about 2-3h ago?

Edit: Btw i only have a SSD just to led you know if you need to know

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

I cant find any place where i can clear my files? But there shouldn't be any bad files, because i reinstalled for about 2-3h ago?

It's more about that when installing the files are temporarly stored. than uninstall MSI afterburner and than turn off your computer, turn it back on and than when installing right click and choose run as administrator .

You can always use a different program like EVGA Precision X

1 minute ago, User1868 said:

It's more about that when installing the files are temporarly stored. than uninstall MSI afterburner and than turn off your computer, turn it back on and than when installing right click and choose run as administrator .

I uninstalled MSI afterburner alredy. But should i power it down normal or a hard power off?

I was looking at my disk agian, and sometimes it just goes up to about 30% in a split secend and then it falls to 0% agian

30 minutes ago, User1868 said:

I tried Asus gpu tweak but the same happend there? So im not sure that will work.. :/

13 minutes ago, Gombel said:

I tried Asus gpu tweak but the same happend there? So im not sure that will work.. :/

Do a normal shut down (sorry I couldn't respond for a bit)

Just now, User1868 said:

No worrys! I will try tomorow. So the plan is. Shit computer down for about 1-2 mins. Power it up. Download MSI afterburner and run as admin? right?

The new or old version of msi afterburner?

Just now, Gombel said:

No worrys! I will try tomorow. So the plan is. Shit computer down for about 1-2 mins. Power it up. Download MSI afterburner and run as admin? right?

Yes

Just now, Gombel said:

The new or old version of msi afterburner?

Get the newest version

1 minute ago, User1868 said:

Get the newest version

Okay, but why do you think this will work? :3

18 hours ago, User1868 said:

Get the newest version

It didn't work :((

On 16/12/2016 at 4:48 PM, Gombel said:

It didn't work :((

Sorry I didn't respond I was busy this weekend. 

Well than maybe try a different program (like EVGA Precision x)

21 hours ago, User1868 said:

Sorry I didn't respond I was busy this weekend. 

Well than maybe try a different program (like EVGA Precision x)

But is it a problem with my computer or them program? :(