Monitor doesn't detect signal HDMI

TMac53

Firstly, thank you everyone for your help on here. This is my second post on here within twenty minutes as I am running into a few issues with my new (and first) build. I recently got my new pc up and running with Steam installed and all that. I purchased a new game for it, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. A game that doesn't seem extremely demanding. Anyways, I was playing it for about an hour, and then all of a sudden, my screen goes black and I get a message on my monitor saying "no signal detected." After a few different attempts to get the screen back on, I just do a hard shutdown on my system. I boot it back up in about a minute and it works again. I boot the game up again, then after less than 10 minutes the game stutters, then the same message comes up and I hear my fan go to full speed (before it was pretty quiet, I'm guessing around 20-40%?). Scared by this I immediately do another hard shutdown. I am wondering if perhaps my GPU or CPU was getting too hot and that caused the signal to be lost on the monitor (I have the HDMI hooked up to my GPU). I only have the stock CPU fan in there as well as the static fan that came with my case. Does anybody have any idea what's wrong? Is my system getting too hot?

The monitor I'm running is the BenQ GL2460 24"

The rest of my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.2 GHz

Motherboard: MSI B150 M3

RAM: Hyper X Fury 2x4 GB DDR4 2400

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB

PSU: Corsair CX 600w

SSD: PNY 120 GB SATA III

HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6GB/s 7200 RPM 64 MB

1 minute ago, TMac53 said:

Firstly, thank you everyone for your help on here. This is my second post on here within twenty minutes as I am running into a few issues with my new (and first) build. I recently got my new pc up and running with Steam installed and all that. I purchased a new game for it, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. A game that doesn't seem extremely demanding. Anyways, I was playing it for about an hour, and then all of a sudden, my screen goes black and I get a message on my monitor saying "no signal detected." After a few different attempts to get the screen back on, I just do a hard shutdown on my system. I boot it back up in about a minute and it works again. I boot the game up again, then after less than 10 minutes the game stutters, then the same message comes up and I hear my fan go to full speed (before it was pretty quiet, I'm guessing around 20-40%?). Scared by this I immediately do another hard shutdown. I am wondering if perhaps my GPU or CPU was getting too hot and that caused the signal to be lost on the monitor (I have the HDMI hooked up to my GPU). I only have the stock CPU fan in there as well as the static fan that came with my case. Does anybody have any idea what's wrong? Is my system getting too hot?

It sounds like a possible GPU driver crash. Overheating generally causes the system to shut down.

9 minutes ago, TMac53 said:

I know this is completely irrelevant as @Glenwing has said the most plausible cause for your issue but can I get your first thoughts on the BenQ GL2460. I am considering buying one of those.

5 hours ago, AinsleyHarriot539 said:

I know this is completely irrelevant as @Glenwing has said the most plausible cause for your issue but can I get your first thoughts on the BenQ GL2460. I am considering buying one of those.

Generally I like it. I haven't put too much time into it gaming wise since I'm running into this problem. But for the price I think it is a great monitor.