Ethernet driver problem HELPP

mkessler9

Hello on my desktop pc yesterday after playing a game I noticed I was not connected to the internet. My ethernet cable is plugged in and it shows no connection I try to use my wifi adapter and it has limited access the internet works fine on my laptop as this is what I'm using to type this. I've tried reinstalling and updating the drivers for the ethernet port and the wifi adapter. I've restarted my pc multiple times and still won't connect to the internet. Help me please. Anyone else have this problem before? Oh and I'm running windows 7 64bit

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Did you type this post on the same internet connection and on a different PC?

:edit: never mind, I need to take an English class. Brb.

La`~

Did you type this post on the same internet connection and on a different PC?

Yes

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Could it be that your router is blocking access to your PC? Did you check your router blacklist, Mac block list, etc?

La`~

Could it be that your router is blocking access to your PC? Did you check your router blacklist, Mac block list, etc?

I wouldn't think that it would be blocking it because I haven't changed any settings with my router. How would I check this?

You go into your router GUI through your browser. The IP for your router varies between models. Some examples that I've come across: 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.0. 192.168.1.254

If it seems like too much trouble, you can just do a factory reset on your router then just reconfigure the password, etc.

La`~

You go into your router GUI through your browser. The IP for your router varies between models. Some examples that I've come across: 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.0. 192.168.1.254

If it seems like too much trouble, you can just do a factory reset on your router then just reconfigure the password, etc.

Yea ik how to do that but my router does not have a blacklist edit: Also when I troubleshoot my onboard lan it says theres a problem with the driver but I've reinstalled the driver many times with the same result

Yea ik how to do that but my router does not have a blacklist edit: Also when I troubleshoot my onboard lan it says theres a problem with the driver but I've reinstalled the driver many times with the same result

I remember running into this problem several years ago but I can't seem to recall what I did to resolve it. It could possibly be malware. Try booting your computer in safe mode and see if that works. Also, are you sure your router doesn't have a MAC filtering function?

La`~

I remember running into this problem several years ago but I can't seem to recall what I did to resolve it. It could possibly be malware. Try booting your computer in safe mode and see if that works. Also, are you sure your router doesn't have a MAC filtering function?

I think I might know what the problem is. I'll let uk if it works

I think I might know what the problem is. I'll let uk if it works

ok, good luck. :)

La`~

ok, good luck. :)

Well turns out a malware is disabling it. How do I stop it from doing this? 

Try running malwarebytes in safe mode to see if it deletes it.

La`~

did you try to unplug it and re-plug it? Try resetting your router too.

Yes :)

La`~

I've had a similar issue with switching from WiFi to Ethernet wire. The Windows "Home Group" some how gets out of whack and wants the connection you don't have active and refuses to re-connect with the active network interface, also happens when you switch to a new router (whether it be for a physical move or using your computer at a new location).

I can't say I logged my fix but I had to basically down all interfaces and reboot with them all down then re-enable the interface that is meant to be the primary. I should actually find the fix as its a PITA when it happens. But I blame the "Home Group" crap. :unsure:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I've had a similar issue with switching from WiFi to Ethernet wire. The Windows "Home Group" some how gets out of whack and wants the connection you don't have active and refuses to re-connect with the active network interface, also happens when you switch to a new router (whether it be for a physical move or using your computer at a new location).

I can't say I logged my fix but I had to basically down all interfaces and reboot with them all down then re-enable the interface that is meant to be the primary. I should actually find the fix as its a PITA when it happens. But I blame the "Home Group" crap. :unsure:

I swapped dozens of routers and never encountered that problem yet. It's a pretty interesting solution, though.

La`~