Internet Relay Chat (IRC)

Hey guys,

So I've recently been getting back into using IRC; and it got me wondering. Do you guys use IRC as well? For what purposes? Are there any favorite channels or servers that you use?

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Does Discord count? If so, I use it all of the time to talk to friends. I like it a lot more than Skype. 

I used to have it open every time I had PC open. But not anymore. Since I don't have time to game, I don't have need to spend time there. I still be there during Assembly LAN for event coverage and general feeling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wanted to get into it, but never had enough time for setup, and finding a cool server.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

Someone should make an unofficial LTT IRC; in that case it would be worth the time.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Little Bear said:

Someone should make an unofficial LTT IRC; in that case it would be worth the time.

There has been few. One was even official for part of the time. But they have faded eventually. IRC seems to becoming thing of the past and Discord has still miles ahead to becoming even at par as usable platform.

You can try to check if any of unofficials mentioned here have users still:

*UNOFFICIAL* LTT Community and Server Database - Forum News & Info - Linus Tech Tips

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There has been few. One was even official for part of the time. But they have faded eventually. IRC seems to becoming thing of the past and Discord has still miles ahead to becoming even at par as usable platform.

You can try to check if any of unofficials mentioned here have users still:

*UNOFFICIAL* LTT Community and Server Database - Forum News & Info - Linus Tech Tips

Well, I just want genuine techies to talk to; so if I can find that, I would have a strong sense of much needed euphoria.

18 minutes ago, Little Bear said:

Well, I just want genuine techies to talk to; so if I can find that, I would have a strong sense of much needed euphoria.

The semi-official discord might be best place for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The semi-official discord might be best place for that.

May I have a link? :)

2 hours ago, Little Bear said:

May I have a link? :)

This would be it

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

This would be it

You're the real MVP.