Need help choosing new components.

IDEK

My gaming pc is in dire need of upgrades as i am getting bottlenecks across the board. My hard drives are slow , i have terrible ram and my power supply isn't enough for my other components (see below) etc, etc. so i need advice on choosing what to get (especially when it comes to memory because i have no idea about ssd's and such) . I have a few products in mind , but i'm sure i'm missing something else that is also effecting my computer. 

As a note the budget available is around £400-£500 but i wouldn't mind keeping some of it :)

Also i am using 2 monitors however the secondary monitor is used for system monitoring while gaming rather than dual screen.

CURRENT BUILD:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz

8Gb ram @ 1600mgz

Nvidia GTX 980strix  w/4gb Memory

1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA)
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA)

MSI z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard

integrator 500w Aerocool power supply

PRODUCTS I AM LOOKING INTO:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01127D0MY/?tag=xov-uk-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009RMP44O/?tag=xov-uk-21&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EUPV2RQ/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_xx_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=fa6417e0926e0cb9d0b5826c9107c986_S&th=1

Neither PSU's, go for something like an Evga G2/G3. As for the RAM it'll make barely any difference on the brand/speed, just get one you think will look nice in your build :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Ram speed and brand makes little to no difference in real life.

As for a power supply, those two aren't terrible in terms of brand, but perhaps spend some more in order to get better quality components within the supply.

Look here for more information:

It looks like the best way to speed up your system might be to look into buying an SSD and reinstalling windows and your main programs on that. It'll improve load times of programs and games.

I agree with everyone else. There's no real reason to go from crap to mediocre with the PSU. Get something good. The EVGA G2 PSUs are fantastic and this one at a great price right now compared to all the other PSUs I typically recommend.

Definitely add an SSD to your system as well. The MX300 275GB is a great choice and not too expensive. Please do some research on SSD vs HDD and you will 100% agree with me that this is the single most important upgrade you could possibly give your computer with the specs you currently have. You will notice a significant performance boost for your OS, the load times of your games, applications, and basically everything else that has a load time, as well as the boot time of your OS by more than double the time reduction. With your current setup, it unfortunately looks like you might need to either reinstall the OS or move all the larger files to a secondary drive until the total spaced used up on your current OS drive is ~260GB or lower so that you could clone it over with software and not have to reinstall Windows.

Your RAM is a very good choice, but you could get away with buy another stick of the same stuff (frequency and latency) if you're okay with the speed your current set has.

And if you're running on a cheap little cooler or even a 212 Evo, upgrading to a better cooler and putting a better overclock on your CPU should help a bit. If you want the best performance for as little money as possible, the Scythe Fuma is the only choice. If you want something with a bit of style and a bit less performance, try the PH-TC12DX_BK or the H5 Universal if you can find it over there.