Overclocking Q6600 G0

I tried to overclock my Q6600 from 2.4 to 2.5 with only increasing cpu host frequency from 266 to 278, but I did not touched any VCore settings (I can't because my motherboard don't have those settings) and when I tested it with ITB voltage was at 1.312 but back when it was on 2.4Ghz the voltage was around 1.216.. So can anyone explain me what I did wrong or how can I keep increasing my cpu host frequency without cpu voltage increase because the temps went high.
Specs:
Intel Q6600
Gigabyte ga-965gm-s2

Corsair GS600
HD 6970 2gb
5gb DDR2 (FSB:DRAM 4:5, DRAM Frequency 347.5MHz

1TB HDD

overclocking with core2duos and core2quads was different. If I remember correctly the only thing you have to do( for locked chips anyway) is raise the fsb and disable any power settings such as speed step.

Edit:
I found this nice guide on anandtech forums
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/howto-overclock-c2q-quads-and-c2d-duals-a-guide-v1-7.47089/

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

here you go: 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thank you guys, but my problem is that my M.I.T only have these settings and I don't know why is my cpu voltage keep increasing while I'm only increasing cpu host freq, and I think 1.3... cpu voltage is too damn high for 2.5Ghz i see people putting 3.3 on stock voltage.

IMG_20161211_174529.jpg