MSI Afterburner feze my Computer?

Gombel
Go to solution Solved by MaxBunny,
12 hours ago, Gombel said:

I dont know what that is? But if it is the fps counter then yes i did download it, but im not using it

Well, freezing like that is a graphics driver issue. It could be that if you have the new Crimson Relive drivers that they're the ones causing an error (it's new and needs some hotfixes). You have some alternative programs to use and fan speed can be controlled in the panel, so wait and see if it gets fixed in later drivers. You can also report it to AMD to look into http://www.amd.com/report

Hey guys, i have this problem with my computer, that almost evry time i start MSI afterburner it feze my hole computer? My computer is like a image... I have tried reinstalling windows, schering for malware / virus ( Nothing found ) I have no idea what's worng?!

Any suggestions whats wrong?!

I have Crossfire with 2x (VTX3D 290X) NON of them is over clocked!

My PC specs - https://gyazo.com/b4e945ab759ebf9e308356d464785418

NOTE: I have windows 10 NOT 8.1

Thanks for the help! -Gombel :)

um... don't use it then?

Spoiler

My computers as of 2017/03

My Old PC

Spoiler

Dell Vostro 260 $150 2010

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

*All Prices in the Canadian Dollar

Just now, Hydraxiler32 said:

um... don't use it then?

But is there something worng with my computer? It was just random it started? I think it was after i downloaded my newest driver but im not sure..?

Just now, Gombel said:

But is there something worng with my computer? It was just random it started? I think it was after i downloaded my newest driver but im not sure..?

if everything else is fine there shouldn't be need to worry.

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

Just now, Hydraxiler32 said:

if everything else is fine there shouldn't be need to worry.

But i want to fix it?. if its possible, because i like to use the program...

Just now, Gombel said:

But i want to fix it?. if its possible, because i like to use the program...

you could try using other tools like the EVGA one.

Spoiler

My Old PC

Spoiler

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

3 minutes ago, Hydraxiler32 said:

you could try using other tools like the EVGA one.

Yhe but, i want to find out whats worng with the program or my PC..

18 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Yhe but, i want to find out whats worng with the program or my PC..

Are you using the MSI Gaming App?

9 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

Are you using the MSI Gaming App?

I dont know what that is? But if it is the fps counter then yes i did download it, but im not using it

12 hours ago, Gombel said:

Well, freezing like that is a graphics driver issue. It could be that if you have the new Crimson Relive drivers that they're the ones causing an error (it's new and needs some hotfixes). You have some alternative programs to use and fan speed can be controlled in the panel, so wait and see if it gets fixed in later drivers. You can also report it to AMD to look into http://www.amd.com/report

11 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Yhe! i thought the exact same, i uninstalled the driver and, i found a new one. Its late at me so im going to download it tomorow. Thanks alot for helping :)!

1 hour ago, Gombel said:

Yhe! i thought the exact same, i uninstalled the driver and, i found a new one. Its late at me so im going to download it tomorow. Thanks alot for helping :)!

Let me know how it goes. Also personally I use an older version of Afterburner. Every time I download a new one is always messes up my settings somehow and I'm tired of changing them back. :P

On 12/11/2016 at 1:35 AM, MaxBunny said:

Let me know how it goes. Also personally I use an older version of Afterburner. Every time I download a new one is always messes up my settings somehow and I'm tired of changing them back. :P

It still sucks, i reinstalled my windows with USB today, but does the same...