GPU Advice for Three Monitors

Hello! I am seeking advice on what GPU configuration I should have to game on three 1080p monitors in portrait position.

My current system has one Titan X Pascal. While this would be enough to run most games on all three monitors with decent framerates, I want to maximize my performance. I remember in the past I was unable to use multiple monitors with SLI, but I do not know if that has changed. The framerate of the center monitor is more important than that of the two side monitors, because it is and will be my only G-Sync monitor.

So the question is, what multi-GPU configuration would be best for gaming on three monitors? What will work and what will not?

I would prefer to get only one more GPU if possible. I know that a 28 lane processor will hold me back, so if I have to, I could invest in a 40 lane.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you! :D

My main components are as follows:

EVGA X99 FTW Motherboard

Intel Core-i7 5820k (which is a 28 lane processor)

32GB (2x16GB) of RAM at 3000MHz (will be upping this to 64GB soonish)

Nvidia GTX Titan X Pascal

One G-Sync 1080p Monitor

Well the games will make that call. I tried to use my new 1080 on bf1 with 3 screens. Even on medium it want too good. Processor was having a hell of a time. You should be fine with one card. Running two on that processor, it will depend on the game. 

Ive been running three monitors on two cards since the gtx 500 series. Never had an issue. Always had 2 in the primary card and the third in the second card. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 hours ago, Undezad said:

Hello! I am seeking advice on what GPU configuration I should have to game on three 1080p monitors in portrait position.

My current system has one Titan X Pascal. While this would be enough to run most games on all three monitors with decent framerates, I want to maximize my performance. I remember in the past I was unable to use multiple monitors with SLI, but I do not know if that has changed. The framerate of the center monitor is more important than that of the two side monitors, because it is and will be my only G-Sync monitor.

So the question is, what multi-GPU configuration would be best for gaming on three monitors? What will work and what will not?

I would prefer to get only one more GPU if possible. I know that a 28 lane processor will hold me back, so if I have to, I could invest in a 40 lane.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you! :D

My main components are as follows:

EVGA X99 FTW Motherboard

Intel Core-i7 5820k (which is a 28 lane processor)

32GB (2x16GB) of RAM at 3000MHz (will be upping this to 64GB soonish)

Nvidia GTX Titan X Pascal

One G-Sync 1080p Monitor

I can do 3 screens with 1 gtx 970... dark souls 3, arkham knight.... much less hard than it seems.

This is quite reassuring! I thank you both for helping me out on this!