CPU confusion

Hey guys,

So I have a bit of a confusion.

I'm have never overclocked a CPU or GPU before. I have never built or have a Desktop before and I only own a Laptop (I'm an International University student in the US, having a laptop would be preferred for me as I still move places.)

I own the Gigabyte P37Xv3 (980m) and I had it for a year. My concern is that it seems to be showing some problem. Running CS:GO, I have a problem with some lag. It's not fps lag since I can get up to 120 fps in the highest setting at 1080p, but once in awhile, the game would just.. lag. just small skips in split second. It occurs the entire time, for every few seconds. I went to investigate by playing other game, Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game doesn't lag and it seems to be running fine in the benchmark, but the fps seems to be lowered than it used to. Then I ran again both games with Open Hardware Monitor in the background to see if there's any change.

The CPU is an Intel i7 4720HQ 2.6GHz. But it says that it's running at 3492MHz, which I assume is 3.4/3.5 GHz. This concerns me. I know that this CPU can be overclocked, but I don't want it. Its a laptop, it damages quickly if I do (probably?). and the CPU cores are running at a dangerous level of about 90'C. I'm afraid that all this time, I have received the laptop running overclocked and it's been damaging the CPU ever since. As for the CS:GO, I hope it's just the game's problem. Ram as well, used 3GB from the start, even though I just restarted my laptop. It's worrisome for me as I don't know what's going on. 

So my question is, do you guys have any idea what is happening? Or what should I do to try to 'fix' this?

The attached is the Open Hardware Monitor stats.

My laptop specs:

Intel i7 4720HQ 2.6GHz

16 GB Ram DDR3L (8x2)

Nvidia GTX 980m

2x 256 GB SSD (Raid 0)

2x 1TB HDD

OHM P37x.png

Reapply thermal paste maybe. Your cpu is thermal throttling.