RAM buying help

So I'm going to build a gaming PC soon, and I've settled on getting 2x4GB sticks, and upgrading to (aka buying another pair of 2x4GB) 16GB if I need to, its a stupid temporary cost saving plan I came up with. The RAM I'm going to be using is white crucial ballistix sport LT, but the pricing is odd. 1x16GB stick cost $85, yet 4x4 cost $100, and 4x2 cost $56. So I'm really confused on what to do. I want to fill on the ram slots because I've heard it looks nicer, but with my "Cost saving plan" if I buy 2 pairs of 2x4GB, it will cost me 112 assuming the price doesn't change. $112 is $27 dollars more than the $85 for 1x16GB, I could buy a CPU cooler, more storage etc. with that money.

Also here is the part list if you need it https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fxLqPs

So what do you guys think? Which should I buy?

P.S. Just checked, a 1x8GB stick cost $49

Thanks!

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

What motherboard?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

So I'm going to build a gaming PC soon, and I've settled on getting 2x4GB sticks, and upgrading to (aka buying another pair of 2x4GB) 16GB if I need to, its a stupid temporary cost saving plan I came up with. The RAM I'm going to be using is white crucial ballistix sport LT, but the pricing is odd. 1x16GB stick cost $85, yet 4x4 cost $100, and 4x2 cost $56. So I'm really confused on what to do. I want to fill on the ram slots because I've heard it looks nicer, but with my "Cost saving plan" if I buy 2 pairs of 2x4GB, it will cost me 112 assuming the price doesn't change. $112 is $27 dollars more than the $85 for 1x16GB, I could buy a CPU cooler, more storage etc. with that money.

So what do you guys think? Which should I buy?

P.S. Just checked, a 1x8GB stick cost $49

Thanks!

The price difference is completely normal, since you have 2x (or 4x) the amount of physical "things" (heatspreaders, etc.).

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

What motherboard?

MSI b150M mortar arctic, also I added the part list to the original thread incase you need it 

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, MEOOOOOOOOOOOOW said:

The price difference is completely normal, since you have 2x (or 4x) the amount of physical "things" (heatspreaders, etc.).

Ohhh that makes sense thank you!

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

4 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

MSI b150M mortar arctic, also I added the part list to the original thread incase you need it 

Go with 2x4GB. You'll be able to upgrade later.

IF you can afford 2x8GB, I'd go for it.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Go with 2x4GB. You'll be able to upgrade later.

IF you can afford 2x8GB, I'd go for it.

Yea I can afford both but I don't ever plan to use 32GB of RAM. But it does save money, will it better if all slots are filled?

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

1 minute ago, QuantumBit said:

Yea I can afford both but I don't ever plan to use 32GB of RAM. But it does save money, will it better if all slots are filled?

Not really. It's just aesthetics. Some games are using 12GB of RAM, like BF1 and FH3, so having the 16GB will save you from buying a whole new kit.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler