plz help

• Is this good  Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 4.0~4.2Ghz („Skylake“) / MSI Z170-A PRO / 8GB DDR4 2666MHZ / 1000GB SATA3.0(6GB) 7200RPM / NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 1060 3GB / USB3.1 / HDMI
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Kris1060 said:
  • Is this good
      Hide contents

Hide contents

except that nothing is shown you mean, what the fuck?

This setup will get you going on mostly all of the gaming needs you'll ever need (in this year and 2017), go for it. 
Altho i'd swap out the 1TB HDD; for a 500 gig SSD, they run pretty cheap these days actually.

You don't need a i7 6700k. Unless you're doing heavy video editing, an i5 6600k will be plenty. Spend the extra on 8gb more ram and maybe add an ssd as well.

26 minutes ago, Nils3D said:

This setup will get you going on mostly all of the gaming needs you'll ever need (in this year and 2017), go for it. 
Altho i'd swap out the 1TB HDD; for a 500 gig SSD, they run pretty cheap these days actually.

If OP can afford a Samsung 850 EVO or if possible a pro then yes that in addition to a HDD would be better.  That way they could use the ssd for loading the OS on and commonly used programs at least.  Maybe a few games too.

But defintely don't skip the HDD.  Even if OP might be on a budget (which if they're getting a 6700K and a Z170 board I assume they are not) a 1TB WD Blue is very cheap so there's no reason not to at least get that.  

Also it would be better to get a 6GB version of the GTX 1060.  There are games already that need more than 3GB and it's likely there will be more in the near future.  A 6GB GTX 1060 doesn't cost much more so it's a smart investment.  

22 minutes ago, Cankatsa said:

You don't need a i7 6700k. Unless you're doing heavy video editing, an i5 6600k will be plenty. Spend the extra on 8gb more ram and maybe add an ssd as well.

Actually from what I've been told a 6700K does help somewhat with gaming.  A 6700K will help lower frame times and reduce/possibly eliminate stuttering fps in some games if I remember right.  I don't remember exactly what I was shown to demonstrate this, but back in September or possibly very early October, I believe it was when I'd made a topic asking about the difference between a 6700K vs. a 6600K there was a responder that had shown a comparison video that showed the difference.  

That being said a 6600K is still a good CPU and not a bad choice if OP would feel like considering it to save money.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Actually from what I've been told a 6700K does help somewhat with gaming.  A 6700K will help lower frame times and reduce/possibly eliminate stuttering fps in some games if I remember right.  I don't remember exactly what I was shown to demonstrate this, but back in September or possibly very early October, I believe it was when I'd made a topic asking about the difference between a 6700K vs. a 6600K there was a responder that had shown a comparison video that showed the difference.  

That being said a 6600K is still a good CPU and not a bad choice if OP would feel like considering it to save money.  

That's completely true, a 6700k will give him better performance. I'm not sure however that the extra $100-ish is worth it over an SSD, more ram, or even towards a better graphics card.

4 minutes ago, Cankatsa said:

That's completely true, a 6700k will give him better performance. I'm not sure however that the extra $100-ish is worth it over an SSD, more ram, or even towards a better graphics card.

Yeah, I guess it partly depends on if OP has the money/feels like spending it on a 6700K rather than diverting that money towards other parts.