6600k overclock

Hi, I'm building my new rig as we speak and have some questions about some overclock ... 

can I set the multiplayer to let's say 4.0 and not change the vcore voltage ? 

Why im asking is that I'm intending to keep this rig for some time and don't won't to change the cpu in like 2-3 years time by 4.6 and 1.4v settings ... 

[rig]

Fractal design define C

Asus maximum hero Vlll

crousair 3000mhz lpx 16gb

i5 6600k

Noctua nh-d15

Asus Gtx 1070 strix oc

evga supernova g2 650w

240gb ssd

2t 3.5 hdd

Can't say what you can do with a CPU until you have it. The only guaranteed clocks are the advertised. Theres a chance you could get up to 4 with base voltage but until you can play with it and do stress testing noone can say one way or the other.

As long as you keep the voltage below 1.35v then whatever clock is stable with is what you should go with. Otherwise you can try to get to 4.0 if thats where you feel comfortable with, but there's no saying what voltage that would take. 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Depends on your silicone lottery, you'd have to try it and find out, no way to tell really.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Ok thanks guys :0)

will be some testing this weekend I hope...  waiting for the gpu to arrive :0)

IMG_1351.JPG

That cooler looks bigger than usual in that case haha

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

You can set the multiplier to 40 to run it at 4 GHz without changing your Vcore, sure. Will it be stable? Who knows? You'll have to find that out for yourself, as nobody here can guarantee that all i5-6600Ks in existence can be overclocked like that for free, but you probably won't have to raise your voltage too much.

The D15 is an excellent cooler, so 1.35 V should be easily achievable. Depending on your temperatures, you may be able to inch it up a bit higher.

Note that while Intel says the maximum voltage for Skylake is 1.52 V, running that high will probably kill it if you try to stress test due to extreme heat unless you had some rather extreme exotic cooling like liquid N2, and you'd probably not get 3 years out of it even if you could run it that hard.

Wow how good the noctua by-d15 mai bee it ain't pretty ... some water will replays it in December :0)