Kinda sorta new.

Coltaine

Hi people, greetings from Norway.

I'll probably be lurking for the most part, but I'll stick my head out every now and again.

A couple things; how long is the cookie timeout for a login session? I'm pretty bad at noticing settings, is there one to change it? I seem to get logged out after a couple of hours, I haven't really paid attention to how long I actually stay logged in so, it might be like 24 hours or something.

Are there plans for a darker theme? I'm fairly oversensitive to light and white websites are the worst, this isn't bad with the blue and stuff, but a black background, or just darker in general, would be awesome :)

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

Midnight sun must suck for you then. Sunset all night. 

There is a dark theme for LinusTechTips, don't have the link though

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

they are working on a dark theme i think

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I don't think I have ever been logged out without me logging out myself.

There is a unofficial dark theme(I use this)

dark theme: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

Pretty sure they have an official dark theme coming though eventually.

Oh and welcome :D

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You can change the theme.

Bottom left - Change theme

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Midnight sun must suck for you then. Sunset all night. 

There is a dark theme for LinusTechTips, don't have the link though

I don't live quite that far up north ;) I prefer winter and the dark though as too much light gives me migraines, hence my love for dark website themes.

I don't think I have ever been logged out without me logging out myself.

There is a unofficial dark theme(I use this)

dark theme: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

Pretty sure they have an official dark theme coming though eventually.

Oh and welcome :D

Awesome, I'll definitely be using that until there's an official theme :D

You can change the theme.

Bottom left - Change theme

Unfortunately there's no dark theme, it's still gray-ish white background colours which doesn't really help me :(

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

Welcome to the forum! :) For the cookie session you can check your cookies in your browser settings to see the expiry date if you want to stay logged on, remember to check the Remember Me box. I have been using it and it keeps me logged on for quite a while and never been automatically logged out until I pressed log out. The Darker theme might be coming soon. You could change it to the day theme for a darker theme. Go to the bottom left corner and press the Change Theme button and click on Day Theme.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welcome to the forum! :) For the cookie session you can check your cookies in your browser settings to see the expiry date if you want to stay logged on, remember to check the Remember Me box. I have been using it and it keeps me logged on for quite a while and never been automatically logged out until I pressed log out. The Darker theme might be coming soon. You could change it to the day theme for a darker theme. Go to the bottom left corner and press the Change Theme button and click on Day Theme.

The "Day Theme" isn't dark at all unfortunately, I don't know if it's just easily misunderstood or I'm not being very clear, but big sections of white is not amongst my favourite things to see on websites. I prefer websites to have black backgrounds. I used to love those green one black monochrome monitors, still do actually.

My browser accepts all cookies, well near enough, there are some shady cookies that gets blocked, but I've never had any issues on other forums. I might go and delete the cookies for linustech and see if that sorts it out, might be some cookie confusion going on.

The "Day Theme" isn't dark at all unfortunately, I don't know if it's just easily misunderstood or I'm not being very clear, but big sections of white is not amongst my favourite things to see on websites. I prefer websites to have black backgrounds. I used to love those green one black monochrome monitors, still do actually.

My browser accepts all cookies, well near enough, there are some shady cookies that gets blocked, but I've never had any issues on other forums. I might go and delete the cookies for linustech and see if that sorts it out, might be some cookie confusion going on.

You could also try a different browser and/or clear all your browsing data.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

You could also try a different browser and/or clear all your browsing data.

I'll just clear out the relevant bits, that is less of a hassle than logging back in to a million sites ;) And it usually does the job just as well as deleting everything.