Deathadder or G602?

Xizerz
Go to solution Solved by Xizerz,

okay after all of this i think I'm going to go with the g602

thank you everyone for your input

Both mice are the same price ($40 usd) right now, and they both seem like solid choices

I want the death adder because it's looks sexy and razer has great software for their mice, but the G602 is wireless and usually more expensive, but in my opinion it's ugly

I spend most of my time either playing fps games or making music in ableton live, but I'm not sure which one is better

I don't want this to be a discussion about wired vs wireless and i feel like the pros and cons of each side balance out

I owned both Brands and my Experience is, Razer is no match for Logitech.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The G602 has more buttons and on the fly DPI selection. The Deathadder can hit higher DPI, but question is whether you even want very high DPI. The Deathadder also has a higher polling rate, but you have to be very, very sharp to notice the difference.

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I owned both Brands and my Experience is, Razer is no match for Logitech.

Why do you say this? Just curious

I use the G602 on a daily basis. It has been very good to me. It is very durable and looks better in person, IMO. It also has 6 side buttons and a couple extra on the left mouse button. They are great and just the right amount. The Logitech Gaming software is a bit buggy though, but it is usable. I give the mouse a solid 8/10 with a recommendation!xD

Hope this helps...

-Delta

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The G602 has more buttons and on the fly DPI selection. The Deathadder can hit higher DPI, but question is whether you even want very high DPI. The Deathadder also has a higher polling rate, but you have to be very, very sharp to notice the difference.

I'm not super nitpicky about dpi and polling rates, especially coming from a old logitech mouse I don't even know the model number, and therefore dpi of. But on the fly dpi switching is something that I could use so when i want to spazz out i dont have to go into settings and turn up the sensitivity.

Just now, Xizerz said:

Why do you say this? Just curious

Logitechs Quality and lifespan. Im on my second G9x, which last for 6 Years now. My last Razer died after 13 Month´s. Overpriced plastic crap. But thats only based on my experience.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, DeltaGames said:

I use the G602 on a daily basis. It has been very good to me. It is very durable and looks better in person, IMO. It also has 6 side buttons and a couple extra on the left mouse button. They are great and just the right amount. The Logitech Gaming software is a bit buggy though, but it is usable. I give the mouse a solid 8/10 with a recommendation!xD

Macros seem cool but I can't really think of a use for them, also the 6 buttons look very close together, it it hard to distinguish between them without looking?

Just bought a g602 for my HTPC and its honestly one of the best mice I've ever used.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I've had 3 Razer mice die in less than a year. 1 Mamba TE and 2 Deathadders. I got a fresh from RMA deathadder sitting in a box in the closet because I got tired of having mice issues.

Bought a G502 Proteus Spectrum and so far it's working fine.

Razer sucks imo, and I'll never buy one of their products again. 

Just my 0.02¢

Never used the deathadder, but IMO, you should get the new prodigy mouse from logitech, its got an extremely good sensor. I'm using the G602, its pretty good but replacing the batteries every 3 days is a hassle.

ok so the general vibe i'm getting is get the logitech

thanks for everyone's input, I'll take it all into consideration

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Just my 0.02¢

I love this so much for some reason

I should probably admit I bought a G602 as well, recently. Quite happy with it.

The side buttons are very easy to tell apart. They're slightly more clicky/stiff than I'd prefer, but work well.

And yeah Logitech mice generally are built to last.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Never used the deathadder, but IMO, you should get the new prodigy mouse from logitech, its got an extremely good sensor. I'm using the G602, its pretty good but replacing the batteries every 3 days is a hassle.

I've had mine for more than 3 days and nowhere near needing to replace batteries.

2 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

Macros seem cool but I can't really think of a use for them, also the 6 buttons look very close together, it it hard to distinguish between them without looking?

No not at all. TBH I don't use the macros. I guess the're useful for RPGs or something? Not sure...

Hope this helps...

-Delta

1 minute ago, Xizerz said:

I love this so much for some reason

Had to google it for the ¢ sign. lol, not going to lie.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

I should probably admit I bought a G602 as well, recently. Quite happy with it.

The side buttons are very easy to tell apart. They're slightly more clicky/stiff than I'd prefer, but work well.

And yeah Logitech mice generally are built to last.

I've had mine for more than 3 days and nowhere near needing to replace batteries.

What kind of batteries are you using? I'm using 1300mah rechargable energizer NIMH batteries.

3 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

replacing the batteries every 3 days is a hassle.

i thought the G602 had a rechargable battery?

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Had to google it for the ¢ sign. lol, not going to lie.

Thats not 2 cents though, thats 0.02 cents.

1 minute ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

lol true

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

Uhm, it's 0.02 cents, it's correct.

Still would be understood if it was $1.02 or 1 dollar and 2 cents. 

Just now, Katsunaka said:

Uhm, it's 0.02 cents, it's correct.

Still would be understood if it was $1.02 or 1 dollar and 2 cents. 

Nooo, To say 2 cents you say $0.02 or you can say   ¢2

Just now, ArmswieldTheHero said:

What kind of batteries are you using? I'm using 1300mah rechargable energizer NIMH batteries.p

The included alkaline Duracell batteries.

3 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

It takes two AA batteries.

Or one, if you prefer it lighter.

6 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

replacing the batteries every 3 days is a hassle.

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

2 minutes ago, ArmswieldTheHero said:

It takes two AA batteries.

so how long do the batteries really last? My old wireless mouse takes 2 AA's and I only need to replace them every month or two, if i need to replace them a lot, I'll look at a different mouse because I dont want to be spending $20 on batteries every month