Liquid Cooling or Air Cooling?

1Kid
Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,
3 minutes ago, 1Kid said:

Anyways i'm dragging this thing to a diffrent topic :P

Thank you all for replying me! I can almost finally complete the build!

no problem man enjoy 

i had a corsair h80i and switched to a noctua nh-d15 , the noctua beat the h80i by like 15-20*C  hands down, 

it depends on what u prefer, prefer cheap and performance and ur case fits a bulky air cooler? go air

if u prefer looks and some decent performance? go aio

well the best is ofc custom water but thats obvious xD

also the list doesnt have a case yet, dunno if its on purpose or not but yeh just saying, if u have case choices id go with a big case n then noctua nh-d15 ( i personally jammed my nh-d15 in a smaller case ( antec gx505 )

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, 1Kid said:

Hey there, just joined the forums, anyways I was wondering what is the best to go with? Liquid Cooling or Air Cooling?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sDkVGf This is the list I was doing.

Thanks,

1Kid

Welcome to the forums! 

Um.. that's totally up to you. If noise is a factor for you, you'd want water cooling... something like the Kraken x62 would be great. I personally like air cooling cause I'm too lazy to fix any issues that come along with water cooling. I have a pretty intense air cooler tho. Air cooling can be quiet ... if you know how to control your fans! 

If you care about looks, water cooling is the way to go as well. 

3 minutes ago, tomoki said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Um.. that's totally up to you. If noise is a factor for you, you'd want water cooling... something like the Kraken x62 would be great. I personally like air cooling cause I'm too lazy to fix any issues that come along with water cooling. I have a pretty intense air cooler tho. Air cooling can be quiet ... if you know how to control your fans! 

If you care about looks, water cooling is the way to go as well. 

actually AIO coolers make much more noise then air , for example a nh-d15 ;P kraken x62 is noisy as heck tbh... dont forget the extra pump noise ect

air with low fan speed/quiet fans will be always the most quiet its just the matter of size, cant fit a big air cooler? go aio   coz the smaller ones arent too good

dual tower air > most aio coolers, and in noise their doing much better also x) 

(◑‿◐)

Thanks a lot for the reply's. I prefer best performance.

I'm sorta on the fence with this one. :D

2 minutes ago, 1Kid said:

Thanks a lot for the reply's. I prefer best performance.

I'm sorta on the fence with this one. :D

go for either an really high end liquid aio one then or

somthing like a nh-d15 ( make sure u got the space to install it thats all )

just keep in mind an aio equal to a nh-d15 will cost much more

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

actually AIO coolers make much more noise then air , for example a nh-d15 ;P kraken x62 is noisy as heck tbh... dont forget the extra pump noise ect

air with low fan speed/quiet fans will be always the most quiet its just the matter of size, cant fit a big air cooler? go aio   coz the smaller ones arent too good

Waaa... the x62 in Dmitri's vid was really quiet tho! 

Dark rock pro 3! <3 Massive cooler. Pretty quiet. 

Get a dark rock pro 3 or noctua d15, only go for air if you want to spend $100+ and like looks. Air coolers are very quiet, especially the coolers from the brands I mentioned.

AIO's will beat air, but you need to spend a lot more than air.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

Waaa... the x62 in Dmitri's vid was really quiet tho! 

Dark rock pro 3! <3 Massive cooler. Pretty quiet. 

im pretty sure hes going with stock fans xD anyway need to compare em stock fans, i mean cmon we all could put bequiet and noctua fans on our stuffs, but ppl care for price performance too ... u get the point haha    ( u cud literally compare em with no fans on em at all and say their more quiet also xD haha )

^ all about the x62 xD

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

im pretty sure hes going with stock fans xD anyway need to compare em stock fans, i mean cmon we all could put dark rocks and noctua fans on our stuffs, but ppl care for price performance too ... u get the point haha    ( u cud literally compare em with no fans on em at all and say their more quiet also xD haha )

Hahaha totally. I'm all for heatsinks tho... I think it does just as well if not better. There's less maintenance too...cause I'm lazy af. 

1 minute ago, tomoki said:

Hahaha totally. I'm all for heatsinks tho... I think it does just as well if not better. There's less maintenance too...cause I'm lazy af. 

me > had h80i > went noctua nh-d15 ...aio can kiss my booty hahah, aint even gonna look at those expensive aios coz nh-d15 is equal to em ( never had noctua but now a fanboy gg )

(◑‿◐)

me > had h80i > went noctua nh-d15 ...aio can kiss my booty hahah, aint even gonna look at those expensive aios coz nh-d15 is equal to em ( never had noctua but now a fanboy gg )

OP is probably wondering what these two nutjobs are talking about when he/she can't decide on which to get yet hahaha 

Hhaahah you got me :P

1 minute ago, tomoki said:

OP is probably wondering what these two nutjobs are talking about when he/she can't decide on which to get yet hahaha 

4 minutes ago, 1Kid said:

Hhaahah you got me :P

ive had aio's and air... performance > air masterrace    tho if u like a sexy pc > aio masterrace ( some bulky air coolers are like wrestling to seat though.. xD , nh-d15 pretty easy )  

simply because who wanna spend like 300$ for an aio that only gets like 2-3*C better then a friggen nh-d15 ?  xD, i mean cmon thats the price/performance that nh-d15 is kicking into,  150-300$ aios and still equal o-o

(◑‿◐)

ive had aio's and air... performance > air masterrace    tho if u like a sexy pc > aio masterrace ( some bulky air coolers are like wrestling to seat though.. xD , nh-d15 pretty easy )

Air coolers I think look....pretty badass .... least I won't have tubes sticking out like I'm in the hospital with an IV drip. 

4 minutes ago, tomoki said:

Air coolers I think look....pretty badass .... least I won't have tubes sticking out like I'm in the hospital with an IV drip. 

they need to make a cooler thats an air and aio in one, like first heatpipes to the air system and then water and a pump ontop for extra cooling with an rad attached * imagine like a nh-d15 with a waterblock on top and a tube coming out with a rad LMAO * ( dis guy lol )

10/10 wud buy

(◑‿◐)

I'm going with the Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CPU, will that even fit inside the case?

I don't wanna buy all da things and find out that the CPU is too big or something :P

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

they need to make a cooler thats an air and aio in one, like first heatpipes to the air system and then water and a pump ontop for extra cooling with an rad attached * imagine like a nh-d15 with a waterblock on top and a tube coming out with a rad LMAO * ( dis guy lol )

Oh god that'd look like an atrocity hahaha but I'd laugh my ass off. 

I'm going with the Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CPU, will that even fit inside the case?

I don't wanna buy all da things and find out that the CPU is too big or something :P

check the case its size , depth/height ect , noctua nh-d15 has 160mm height dunno width u can just check the site for info/ same for case

(◑‿◐)

Oh god that'd look like an atrocity hahaha but I'd laugh my ass off. 

pls we got ppl not knowing what to pick, give em both xD

10/10 performance wud be great  ( i almost wanna grab my h80i water block and glue it on top of that noctua , too bad i cant ... id use arctic silver 5 as my glue tho... damn that stuff is sticky xD )

(◑‿◐)

Um...yea..maths.

Love maths...

Would you recommend me any Mid-Tower case?

8 minutes ago, 1Kid said:

Um...yea..maths.

Love maths...

well if u wanna make sure it fits, its a tight fit but my antec gx505 fits the nh-d15 , though i use my rear fan as a intake for the cpu and blow it towards my cd drive ( sneaked a fan in there too to blow it out ) while i use the bottom as intake 

the gx505 is

200 x 485 x 465 mm

the gx505 is too tight but its just an example of it *CAN* fit   just make sure its bigger then the gx505 and itl fit xD

u could always saw off a piece of the cooler tbh coz it aint an AIO  ( LOL )  just dont saw in the heatpipes

(◑‿◐)

Um...yea..maths.

Love maths...

Fractal Define R5, NZXT H440, NZXT S340. 

Ohh man, the NZXT S340 Glossy White Steel looks so sexy.

Hate the fact that it might get dirty :/

Ohh man, the NZXT S340 Glossy White Steel looks so sexy.

Hate the fact that it might get dirty :/

It does have diffrent colors!