HDMI to Displayport

Mountaingoat48

Right now I have a monitor that has a Displyport input and an HDMI input. The HDMI is only 1.2 so it only supports 4k @ 24Hz. I'm going to get the Xbox One S which plays games at 4k and I want them to play at 60 or 30 Hz. I need an adapter from HDMI to Dp, and I'm having trouble finding a cable to do that. Does anyone know what cable would solve this problem?

I don't think it actually plays games at 4k, I thought it was more for movies etc 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, Velvet Revolver said:

dp dont do 4k

they do actually upto 60 hz 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

No one makes HDMI to DisplayPort converters as far as I'm aware.

They do, but they all seem to cap at 30Hz at 4k.

2 hours ago, Mountaingoat48 said:

Right now I have a monitor that has a Displyport input and an HDMI input. The HDMI is only 1.2 so it only supports 4k @ 24Hz. I'm going to get the Xbox One S which plays games at 4k and I want them to play at 60 or 30 Hz. I need an adapter from HDMI to Dp, and I'm having trouble finding a cable to do that. Does anyone know what cable would solve this problem?

Ta-Da! I present to you the recently released (December 2015) Club3D DisplayPort to HDMI 4K 60Hz adapter!

https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-Displayport-1-2-HDMI-CAC-1070/dp/B017BQ8I54

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9867/club3d-releases-dp12-to-hdmi-20-adapter

CAC-1070-3d-BOX-HR.jpg

Just remember that game consoles don't actually render most games at 4K resolutions, so your mileage may vary.

EDIT: This goes from DisplayPort to HDMI ONLY, as pointed out by @Glenwing (thanks!) and does NOT go HDMI to DisplayPort.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

36 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Ta-Da! I present to you the recently released (December 2015) Club3D DisplayPort to HDMI 4K 60Hz adapter!

https://www.amazon.com/Club3D-Displayport-1-2-HDMI-CAC-1070/dp/B017BQ8I54

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9867/club3d-releases-dp12-to-hdmi-20-adapter

Just remember that game consoles don't actually render most games at 4K resolutions, so your mileage may vary.

That converts a DisplayPort source to an HDMI display. He's looking for an HDMI source (console) to a DisplayPort display.

9 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

That converts a DisplayPort source to an HDMI display. He's looking for an HDMI source (console) to a DisplayPort display.

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. Makes sense now.

Unfortunately, it appears that Club3D doesn't have such an adapter available yet @Mountaingoat48 due to lack of demand, or so says their forums.

http://insights.club-3d.com/thread/hdmi-2-0-to-displayport-1-2-2/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)