Headphone Recommendations

azemuno
Go to solution Solved by azemuno,

@Bangflop @Utter_Mayhem Thanks for all of the help guys. The M50x Matte Gray Limited Edition just went downin price $60 so I think I will pick that up.

My M50x's of 2.5 years are at their end. I'll admit I may have beaten them up more than they deserved.

I loved these headphones. The tightness, the closed back, the sound, and the style, all were more than worth the money I paid. Looking for a new set, should I stick with the M50x and buy another pair? Or, try something new. I know there is lots of buzz around the DT770 pro's, and while those look great, I can't seem to get over the lack of movement in the headphones themselves, and the stationary cable. Is the sound signature, and stage really that much better compared to the M50x? Does it overrule my criticisms?

I should add that I am not a crazy gamer. I prefer a pair that is neutral across all forms of media consumption/production.

I cannot speak in terms of the DT770 Pro's but I do own and have used a pair of DT990 250 Ohm Pro's for the past couple years and I can tell you that I have listened to a lot of headphones that were in the $200 and less range and these are by FAR the best headphones that I have listened to. 

Now I don't know your budget but if you can afford it I would get the DT990 250Ohm Pro's with a Objective2 ODAC (that's just what I use, but you can get whatever you think would best fit your needs) and I promise you won't be upset with your purchase. On the flip-side, if you don't really have, or don't want to, spend the money on that, I do know that there is a pair of DT990 Pro's that have low Ohms and could work just straight out of your computer with no compromise.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

when people ask for recommendations, they need to include restritions like price range

or else ima just recommend 
the Audio Technica ATH AG1 or the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP SEVEN

pretty good headphones if u ask me.

on a more direct note: 

AudioTechnica, DONE

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

2 minutes ago, Utter_Mayhem said:

when people ask for recommendations, they need to include restritions like price range

or else ima just recommend 

the Audio Technica ATH AG1 or the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP SEVEN

pretty good headphones if u ask me.

Nah I'll just recommend the Sennheiser Orpheus to them xD

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

1 minute ago, Bangflop said:

Sorry guys, I thought I implied it when I said I was considering buying another pair of M50x's. The price range is around that $200-300 CAD. Thanks for the help. 

1 minute ago, Bangflop said:

hahahahahahaha yea lol, theres that.

sennheiser makes really good headsets

sennheiser and AudioTechnica are good companies to look at, they are AUDIO companies peeking into the gaming industry rather than a gaming company peekinf into the Audio industry.

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

Just now, Utter_Mayhem said:

hahahahahahaha yea lol, theres that.

sennheiser makes really good headsets

sennheiser and AudioTechnica are good companies to look at, they are AUDIO companies peeking into the gaming industry rather than a gaming company peekinf into the Audio industry.

Same with Beyerdynamic