Do i need a new cpu

So i have an intel core 2 duo q6600 and a gtx 750ti and i am thinking of upgrading should i buy smthing like an rx480 or will it be bottlencked by the cpu.If thats the case then what would be best cpu for smthing like this card

I some games no. But in most games you probably will be. I would upgrade to a Skylake i5.

To RGB, or not to RGB? That is the question.

- Shakespeare. Hamlet, Act III, scene I.

That CPU is Quad,not duo. Yes 480 would be bottlenecked by it. I suggest you sticking to your right for some time and saving money for CPU + GPU upgrade (+motherboard and RAM).

4 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

That CPU is Quad,not duo. Yes 480 would be bottlenecked by it. I suggest you sticking to your right for some time and saving money for CPU + GPU upgrade (+motherboard and RAM).

Ty fro the quick respons m8 prob ganna do that.Now bcs i kinda knew i would need a new cpu i looked around and i fond an i5 3470 for under 100 bucks will that be a good upgrade

1 minute ago, Guywhoneedshelp said:

Ty fro the quick respons m8 prob ganna do that.Now bcs i kinda knew i would need a new cpu i looked around and i fond an i5 3470 for under 100 bucks will that be a good upgrade

Yes it is good upgrade but it won't go on your motherboard because it is different socket

2 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Yes it is good upgrade but it won't go on your motherboard because it is different socket

I know m8 ofc i will need a whole new mobo

3 minutes ago, Guywhoneedshelp said:

3 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

And 1 last thing what do you thing would be better a gtx 1060 or a rx480

1 minute ago, Guywhoneedshelp said:

And 1 last thing what do you thing would be better a gtx 1060 or a rx480

Personally i prefer 1060 6GB,i am not nvidia fanboy by the way. But if RX480 is cheaper in your country then go for it you won't regret it. Just don't go with reference card.

3 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Personally i prefer 1060 6GB,i am not nvidia fanboy by the way. But if RX480 is cheaper in your country then go for it you won't regret it. Just don't go with reference card.

KK ty for you help buddy i rly aprriciate it

well you are changing the CPU which means a different socket

if you plan to keep the 750Ti and you want a new CPU i would recommend a 4th generation core i5 processors which of course you would need to change the motherboard since it's a different socket with a DDR3 rams.

if you plan to change to the RX480 , i would recommend the GTX 1060 and a lot off people favoring it over the RX480 including myself you would have to change the CPU and motherboard to something higher like 6th generation core i5 processors with a DDR4 rams. basically getting a new computer