Trying to extend wifi , need some help!

NicekillBG

So i connected my second router to a hub in my room ( the wifi from the main router isn't strong enough to be usable in my room) and i found the old name put the old password and connected, but i cant use it , nothing loads no acces etc etc. It is strong but i dont know how to make it usable. 

Yes i do not understand how it works so i need your help

Thanks in advance 

I didn't know what to put here...

29 minutes ago, NicekillBG said:

So i connected my second router to a hub in my room ( the wifi from the main router isn't strong enough to be usable in my room) and i found the old name put the old password and connected, but i cant use it , nothing loads no acces etc etc. It is strong but i dont know how to make it usable. 

Yes i do not understand how it works so i need your help

Thanks in advance 

It not as easy as just setting the ID and password, you have to change a few more setting on the router to use it as an as a wireless access point. I can't remember exactly how to set it up. Some router manufacturers have guides on it. If you google it there are lots of videos on how to do it. 

What kind of hub are you using?

Your second router, are you using it on bridge mode or router mode?

These questions will help determine what the next step will be to get your setup to work.

7 minutes ago, wsoto said:

What kind of hub are you using?

Your second router, are you using it on bridge mode or router mode?

These questions will help determine what the next step will be to get your setup to work.

17 minutes ago, MattW said:

It not as easy as just setting the ID and password, you have to change a few more setting on the router to use it as an as a wireless access point. I can't remember exactly how to set it up. Some router manufacturers have guides on it. If you google it there are lots of videos on how to do it. 

never mind guys i watches this video(

and i got everything done ) thanks anyways

You also may want to make sure that both routers are not on the same channel as well.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

16 hours ago, zanthros said:

You also may want to make sure that both routers are not on the same channel as well.

did that