Is the i5-6600K still fine for 1440p gaming and 4K viewing?

If I want to build a system that's going to handle some casual gaming and 4K viewing, but is the i5 still ok? I'm just asking because of the most recent snafu with the BF1 CPU botteneck. I don't want to get something that will cause a bottleneck and will be outdated once next gen CPU's come out. I'm pairing this with a 1070 FYI. 

2 minutes ago, ThatKrazyPolak said:

If I want to build a system that's going to handle some casual gaming and 4K viewing, but is the i5 still ok? I'm just asking because of the most recent snafu with the BF1 CPU botteneck. I don't want to get something that will cause a bottleneck and will be outdated once next gen CPU's come out. I'm pairing this with a 1070 FYI. 

Should be fine. THe i5 6600k pairs nicely with the 1070 but there will be a slight bottleneck.

It's a great match for a 1070. depending on the game, there will be different levels of bottleneck, but mostly, there should be no bottlenecking at all.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

What kinda games are you talking about?  That's a major factor here.  There are games where you can't even get enough power with one of those fancy 10-cores, whereas other games will allow 3 generation old i5s to push that card with ease. 

51 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

From what I've seen the 6600K will only bottleneck a GTX 1070 for 1080p.

What does this mean, your saying there are going to be issues playing at 1080p?