Pc upgrade

Bion1985

So I'm considering upgrading my pc sometime this winter. I currently have a i5 4699k and a 980ti 128gb ssd and 16 gb of ddr3. Next upgrade I'm looking to move to an i7 and maybe a new Pascal gpu, along with a larger ssd (maybe in m.2). But my biggest question is should I wait for Kaby Lake and if so has there been a release date yet?

3 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

So I'm considering upgrading my pc sometime this winter. I currently have a i5 4699k and a 980ti 128gb ssd and 16 gb of ddr3. Next upgrade I'm looking to move to an i7 and maybe a new Pascal gpu, along with a larger ssd (maybe in m.2). But my biggest question is should I wait for Kaby Lake and if so has there been a release date yet?

i would, an if u save , you can prob, get a better kaby lake processor, also what pascal gpu?

MF UH BEANS

3 minutes ago, aries757 said:

i would, an if u save , you can prob, get a better kaby lake processor, also what pascal gpu?

Most likely a 1080, maybe if it's came out or if they make one a 1080ti.

6 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

I'd wait and most sites say Kaby is going to come out around January, if you can wait even longer, a Cannonlake around the end of 2017 might be even better. 

2 minutes ago, HoneyBooBoo said:

I'd wait and most sites say Kaby is going to come out around January, if you can wait even longer, a Cannonlake around the end of 2017 might be even better. 

Oh yea waiting for a bit is not too much of an issue as everything is still working well. I just like keeping my pc updated and upgraded. I'm getting a bonus check from work this winter and planned on putting aside some of the extra cash for a pc update.

1 minute ago, Bion1985 said:

Oh yea waiting for a bit is not too much of an issue as everything is still working well. I just like keeping my pc updated and upgraded. I'm getting a bonus check from work this winter and planned on putting aside some of the extra cash for a pc update.

If waiting isn't an issue I'd definitely go for Cannon over Kaby, I feel like intel is just using Kaby as a way to one up AMD's Zens, then they're realise their full potential (Cannon) later on.  

your gpu is pretty new and will last you so waiting for kaby lake will not be a bad option. its not like youre dying for an upgrade. maybe look into the new samsung 960 pro ssd.