Keyboard won't stop pasting...

Go to solution Solved by Helljumper,

AH-HAH, I HAVE FOUND THE CULPRIT!

I unplugged my old keyboard and decided to try and recreate the by playing a bit of dark souls and then shutting it down.

I decided to turn on the on screen keyboard to see what keys I was pressing, and it turns out everytime i press a key or click with my mouse, the computer presses CTRL at the same time, now i just need to figure out how to solve this :S:S

Edit: it might not be the problem and i might be stupid, not sure if this is how onscreen keyboard is supposed to be...

Edit 2: My mouse was the issue, I unplugged it and plugged in another mouse... The keyboard stopped messing around and it seems the issue was fixed..

Hey everyone,

Just yesterday I decided to clean up my pc a bit, so i did some cable management in the back of my case and I pulled out my RAM sticks because I wanted to color them black, but that's basically all i did. note(I ended up not coloring the ram sticks)

When I plugged everything back into my pc I watched a few YT vids when i noticed that my computer had started to paste whatever i copied latest using CTRL+C and CTRL+V, and it wouldn't stop doing it, and kept going in every search bar i clicked, in windows explorer, chrome, start menu etc. My keyboard became completely unresponsive, mouse was fine though, but the spamming/looping didn't stop even after I pulled out the keyboard.

I tried switching my ram sticks but to see no change.

any idea what it could be? I think my keyboard was plugged into a usb 3.1 port when it happened, could it have anything to do with it?

Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition  x64 system. Version 10.0.1393 build 14393

Core i3 6100 3.7GHz

Ram: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

GPU: Asus Strix 1070 8gb

Storage (OS): Kingston 120GB

Additional storage: Kingston 120GB + 500GB Seagate

PSU: Corsair CX650

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3

BIOS Version: F2, March 10 2016

Turning it on and off again fixes it for a few minutes but it promptly comes back later in the midst of doing things like dragging and dropping images from chrome...

KeyboardL Steelseries 6GV2

Moues: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Gamepad(If it makes a difference idk): Logitech F310

That sounds like a software issue, run a malware check to be sure

If it isn't software, then there might be a short inside your keyboard. In that case you'll have to open it up and check for anything unusual, and clean that shit off.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That sounds like a software issue, run a malware check to be sure

If it isn't software, then there might be a short inside your keyboard. In that case you'll have to open it up and check for anything unusual, and clean that shit off.

Ill crack my keyboard open and have a look, see if i find anything. But would that still cause it to keep going even after i unplug it?

I don't know, but I've had a similar issue where any text field I clicked on I'd get ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...forever. I never figured out what caused it, but I know unplugging my keyboard did not solve the issue. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

2 minutes ago, Helljumper said:

Ill crack my keyboard open and have a look, see if i find anything. But would that still cause it to keep going even after i unplug it?

That's the bit that makes me think it's a software issue. Try to see if any setting on the Ease of Access section of Settings has some setting turned on that shouldn't.

Also if possible reinstall the keyboard drivers.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That's the bit that makes me think it's a software issue. Try to see if any setting on the Ease of Access section of Settings has some setting turned on that shouldn't.

Also if possible reinstall the keyboard drivers.

Didn't find anything changed in ease of access, can't update keyboard settings either.

I used my usb 3.0 ports instead of the 3.1 and i think so far things are working ok... Havent encountered it again even though I ran the computer for about half an hour

a keyboard that self copy/pastes; every office workers dream.

You prob got a sticky keyboard. Had some of those at uni in the labs because people spill their soft drinks on them. We dont need to know how yours got sticky, just stick to your story that you were watching LTT. ;) 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

So it stopped doing it for a few hours, was watching Luke's stream and playing some Dark Souls, shut the game down and then it started doing it again, it kept typing cv over and over again and it wouldn't stop even after i unplugged my keyboard....

This is mind boggling, Im tempted to get a clean install of windows but i'm afraid it'll persist. 

Any ideas?

AH-HAH, I HAVE FOUND THE CULPRIT!

I unplugged my old keyboard and decided to try and recreate the by playing a bit of dark souls and then shutting it down.

I decided to turn on the on screen keyboard to see what keys I was pressing, and it turns out everytime i press a key or click with my mouse, the computer presses CTRL at the same time, now i just need to figure out how to solve this :S:S

Edit: it might not be the problem and i might be stupid, not sure if this is how onscreen keyboard is supposed to be...

Edit 2: My mouse was the issue, I unplugged it and plugged in another mouse... The keyboard stopped messing around and it seems the issue was fixed..