gtx 1070

MarsupialShoe

The kind that is the cheapest...

seriously though there isn't much of a difference. All aftermarket cards will have around the same cooling, and can all be easily overclocked. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

The best one is the one you like and then one that fits your setup's colour scheme.

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

they are all pretty much the same the difference is the color, lighting, pcb, factory overclock,power needes (for overclocking, (and some other minor things i cant think of right now) so really all of them are viable just pick the one that is best for you (but the ones that are the highest price usually have more of these bells and whistles.)

4 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

The kind that is the cheapest...

seriously though there isn't much of a difference. All aftermarket cards will have around the same cooling, and can all be easily overclocked. 

There is no OC warranty. No matter what you buy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Asus 

gigabyte 

msi 

evega 

those are my favorited brands for GPUs 

chose what ever is cheap/on sale and/or looks nice in your rig.

BUT don't bother to much with the better "OC" "Gaming" "Extreme" etc. editions form those manufacturers. 

You can OC em yourselve and don't have to pay extra for this... 

the (sometimes) beefier components in the "better" versions you will only be able to benefit from when hardcore OCing with custom BIOS and shit + under water or 100% fan speed al the time xD :)

personaly I would go for the msi 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/fKp323/msi-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-video-card-gtx-1070-gaming-x-8g

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

but i have heard asus's customer support is very bad. but just wanted to put that out there never have dealt with them personally

Serious comment. The best 1070 is any with Samsung RAM. Cards with Micron RAM are a nightmare to overclock. 

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler

2 hours ago, MarsupialShoe said:

Whats the best gtx 1070. 

My asus one gets to 2.15Ghz so I'd recommend that. However, I also have heard good things about the gaming x and the AMP extreme

34 minutes ago, HotDiggityDaffodil said:

Serious comment. The best 1070 is any with Samsung RAM. Cards with Micron RAM are a nightmare to overclock. 

Memory overclocks don't benefit much in gaming. 

Your question is very vague but I guess if you want the best performance, I would say the EVGA Hybrid and the MSI Hydro have the best temps.

If you want beefy ones (aircoolers), Asus Strix, Zotac AMP! EXTREME, MSI Gaming Z, EVGA CLASSIFIED and KINGPIN( Idk if that one is release yet), GALAX HALL OF FAME are the ones to look for.

20 hours ago, Praesi said:

WRONG (had to say it XD). Card manufactures can't tell / don't care overclocking cards. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

19 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

WRONG (had to say it XD). Card manufactures can't tell / don't care overclocking cards. 

?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

21 hours ago, fiberzs is dad said:

but i have heard asus's customer support is very bad. but just wanted to put that out there never have dealt with them personally

Correct unless you don't go super hardcore and get a custom bios. 

And it's pretty hard to burn the cards with OCing this days either the system crashes because of to much speed with to less V applied or shuts of at the temperature limit.

so all in all get a MSI 

good cooler reasonable price and nice looks 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

22 hours ago, MarsupialShoe said:

Whats the best gtx 1070. 

Depends on what you want to do. If you want air cooling and nice design then youre probably looking for rog strix, msi gaming X or EVGA extreme as far as i know. As for myself, i went with rog strix in SLI because i have a custom loop and EK has the best backplates and blocks for it

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

7 hours ago, Praesi said:

?

Most (maybe all) card manufactures warranty remains if you overclock a card. I was saying this in response to-

On 11/11/2016 at 6:50 PM, Praesi said:

3 hours ago, bgibbz said:

Most (maybe all) card manufactures warranty remains if you overclock a card. I was saying this in response to-

No thats not what i meant. ?

You cant be sure to get a good OC, no matter what you buy.

On 11/13/2016 at 1:57 AM, Praesi said:

No thats not what i meant. ?

You cant be sure to get a good OC, no matter what you buy.

Oh haha. Yeah I definitely agreee with that :D