Razer Edge questions?

Hi LTT! :)

I just have a copule of questions so I'll try to keep it short :)

1) What exactly can the 640M in a Razer Edge do in gaming concerns? Like what can it play and at what FPS/details are we talking about?

2) Can I change the keyboard language of the on-screen keyboard?

3) Have anyone got it to give me some thoughts on it?

I guess this is all I can remember wondering about so thanks a thousand times for all help! :D

PS: I have no idea where to put this post...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

1) I would just look at some 640M benchmarks here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-640M.71579.0.html

2) Yes, iirc, it runs Windows 8. Just change the language of the OS.

3) I have not, as I don't really game heavily on tablets. I use my iPad for casual games, but nothing that requires the use of a dGPU

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

It is overpriced as hell. Please do not buy it, you will be disappointed down the road.

I do remember seeing them run crysis 3 on it however i doubt the controls would be very accurate.

It is overpriced as hell. Please do not buy it, you will be disappointed down the road.

It's a cool novelty ;)

1) I would just look at some 640M benchmarks here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-640M.71579.0.html

2) Yes, iirc, it runs Windows 8. Just change the language of the OS.

3) I have not, as I don't really game heavily on tablets. I use my iPad for casual games, but nothing that requires the use of a dGPU

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I do remember seeing them run crysis 3 on it however i doubt the controls would be very accurate.

Can't be harder then playing on a console?...

Tor

Can't be harder then playing on a console?...

Well console has auto aim to help you out remember

Well i know totalbiscuit got one and he references it time to time. He said he really enjoys it but that's because he travels a lot and it's honestly the only device on the market that is portable enough so you can carry around a fully fledged PC gaming experience. So if you travel a lot (or at least enough in your mind to warrant it) I say go for it. But if you are thinking you will only use it mainly around the house I'd say get an nvidia shield. It won't be able to play anything other than android games outside the house. But when you are in the house as long as you have a GTX 660 I believe it was. You can stream from your PC to the shield which is pretty cool. So yeah my answer. If you want that portable gaming experience on the go and if you travel. Get the razer edge. If you want to just lounge and game around the house get the shield : )   

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

• 3 weeks later...

Your first question should have been, How much are gym memberships where i live? Because you'll need to start lifting if you going hold that up and game on it  :P . I think sometime like a shild is a more sensible portable gaming device, even that is quite bulky, but you could still play pc games in your house then andriod games out ofthehouse. Its also much cheaper as well.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016