PC BUILD PLANNING, SUGGESTIONS

Geo5543

Hello guys!

I'm planning to build a gaming pc capable to play games such as World of tanks or battlefield 1 in hd and to do overclocking.

Also i'm thinking to build a simulator with this pc, so i might use 3 monitors in the future or a high resolution projector.

I dont have the money to build this pc instant but i want to build it working for now, and upgrade at summer for gaming and simulation.

I'm from Greece so i dont know if i can buy the components from amazon or pcpartpicker.

I can spend for the first stage around 600 to 700 Euros for the tower alone.

I've done some research for the parts:

Cpu; i5 6600K 250euros (do i need the i7 6700k?)

mobo: ASUS Z170 Pro gaming 160euros

ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb 2400MHz 47euros

psu: Corsair vs550 80plus 47euros

ssd: samsung 750evo 75euros

case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 50euros

Gpu, more ram, hdd, cpu cooling, optical drive i will add them to the future

Or buy the pentium g4400 and a gtx1050 or rx 460 and replace them on the upgrade?

Can anyone suggest other solutions?

Sorry for my bad english.

Get a better PSU. A Corsair vengeance will do.

Simulation games can get pretty CPU intensive. I would go for the 6700K in that case.

If you eventually want to get 3 monitors (and graphically power them), you'll need one or two high end GPU's. I don't think a 550W PSU will be enough. Especially when you mention you want to overlock later on. Somewhere along 850W will be appropriate for an OC'ed 6700K and 1 or 2 high-end GPU's.

Bare in mind that it's probably better to get a single 8gb stick of ram rather than 2 of 4gb. Not sure if that was your initial plan, but just pointing it out.

The 750 Evo is a bit old, I think you'll be able to get a newer 850/950 EVO for not that much more money.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

The PSU you have chosen is utter low-end shit. The Corsair CX 450M and vengeance series are a great Choice. 

@OnfireYH keep up the good work. 

31 minutes ago, OnfireYH said:

Get a better PSU. A Corsair vengeance will do.

22 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The PSU you have chosen is utter low-end shit. The Corsair CX 450M and vengeance series are a great.

30 minutes ago, Floris_Heinen said:

Simulation games can get pretty CPU intensive. I would go for the 6700K in that case.

If you eventually want to get 3 monitors (and graphically power them), you'll need one or two high end GPU's. I don't think a 550W PSU will be enough. Especially when you mention you want to overlock later on. Somewhere along 850W will be appropriate for an OC'ed 6700K and 1 or 2 high-end GPU's.

Bare in mind that it's probably better to get a single 8gb stick of ram rather than 2 of 4gb. Not sure if that was your initial plan, but just pointing it out.

The 750 Evo is a bit old, I think you'll be able to get a newer 850/950 EVO for not that much more money.

About the psu i will go for the 850 watts Floris_Heinen suggested.

I've found the following:

850 Watt Corsair CX Series CX850M Modular 80+ Bronze at 110euros  120mm

850 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GQ Modular 80+ Gold at 120euros      135mm

850 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM850x Modular 80+ Gold at 130euros   140mm

but will they fit?

About ram im going for 1 stick and i will add another one on the future 

About the ssd i could go for the 120 Gb 850 evo (will they be enough for the start or i should go for the 240 Gb?) 

Thanks for the help!

38 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The PSU you have chosen is utter low-end shit. The Corsair CX 450M and vengeance series are a great Choice. 

Im just some stranger helping people make informed and intelligent choises.

7 minutes ago, Geo5543 said:

About the psu i will go for the 850 watts Floris_Heinen suggested.

I've found the following:

850 Watt Corsair CX Series CX850M Modular 80+ Bronze at 110euros  120mm

850 Watt EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GQ Modular 80+ Gold at 120euros      135mm

850 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM850x Modular 80+ Gold at 130euros   140mm

but will they fit?

About ram im going for 1 stick and i will add another one on the future 

About the ssd i could go for the 120 Gb 850 evo (will they be enough for the start or i should go for the 240 Gb?) 

Thanks for the help!

For your build, a 550w is fine. Get the corsair vengeance i mentioned.

52 minutes ago, Floris_Heinen said:

The motherboard he has chosen has 4 x ram slots so he doesn't need to go with a single stick of ram. There is still room for another 8GB in the future. 

The 750 EVO isn't old. It is Samsung's budget SSD and it is good value over the more expensive 850 EVO.

18 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The motherboard he has chosen has 4 x ram slots so he doesn't need to go with a single stick of ram. There is still room for another 8GB in the future. 

The 750 EVO isn't old. It is Samsung's budget SSD and it is good value over the more expensive 850 EVO.

Yes but what if he needs more than 16 gigs later on... considering 2x4 and 1x8 are almost identically priced, I think the choice is self-explanatory.

the 750 EVO is Samsung's last gen budget SSD. The 850 EVO is 33% faster and only costs a few bucks more.

EDIT: Okay I was wrong, the 750 EVO isn't last gen. That said, it doesn't make sense getting a budget SSD when you look at his other components.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

14 minutes ago, Floris_Heinen said:

Yes but what if he needs more than 16 gigs later on... considering 2x4 and 1x8 are almost identically priced, I think the choice is self-explanatory.

the 750 EVO is Samsung's last gen budget SSD. The 850 EVO is 33% faster and only costs a few bucks more.

EDIT: Okay I was wrong, the 750 EVO isn't last gen. That said, it doesn't make sense getting a budget SSD when you look at his other components.

You are not going to need more than 16GB of Ram for a gaming pc anytime soon. You would only need 32GB if you were building a workstation type pc.

I don't know what prices are like in Greece but the 850 EVO is about £12 - £20 more expensive here in the UK for the 120GB/250GB versions. If he can fit the 850 EVO in his budget then sure it is the faster SSD. You probably won't notice any real world difference in day to day usage though.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You are not going to need more than 16GB of Ram for a gaming pc anytime soon

But when you do need more, it's nice to at least have the room to do so. 

1 hour ago, Floris_Heinen said:

But when you do need more, it's nice to at least have the room to do so. 

And by that time this spec will be obsolete anyway. 

I was thinking about building the pc with a pentium g4400 and a gtx 1050 or a rx 460 for start, because i need the pc for autocad for my studies , and upgrade it to 6700k an gtx 1070 by summer for my simulator project. do you think is good this way or im wasting money? (i can spent only  700euros for start)

Any other ideas or suggestions?